Interactive Facilitation Two-Day
Saint Paul, MN
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Interactive Facilitation Two-Day
Talented People Support Successful Projects
Boost your Agile facilitation skills!
Cozy up to the whiteboard not the keyboard!
Create a culture of continuous collaboration!
Most professionals and their organizations value innovation and creativity, but struggle to find techniques that put these values to work. How do you inspire collaboration and creative thinking in both agile and traditional environments?
In BA-Squared's most popular 2-day workshop, you will learn and practice:
- 20+ interactive facilitation techniques that will help you prioritize features, elicit requirements and resolve issues in all project environments including Agile and waterfall.
- Techniques that inspire your stakeholders to close their laptops, ignore their smart phones, and COLLABORATE!
- Visual communication techniques that will promote creativity and innovation throughout the project lifecycle.
This workshop puts BA-Squared’s two most popular courses back-to-back for a dynamic, hands on facilitation extravaganza! On day one, attendees will learn how to create engaging project workshops that inspire maximum stakeholder participation, collaboration, and innovation. On day two, attendees will learn how to communicate visually, with a special emphasis on impromptu drawing, diagrams, and models.
This course is designed to teach facilitation techniques and visual collaboration skills to all business analysts and project managers who regularly lead meetings, prepare presentations and write project/product/process documents. The course aligns with requirements for IIBA and PMI CDUs and PD hours.
This course is a two-day, interactive workshop. Attendees will spend the majority of the day practicing facilitation and visual communication techniques, and exploring how to apply the techniques in their workplace. Parking, breakfast, lunch, beverages and snacks included.
Angela Wick Garay, PMP, CBAP, has spent the last fifteen years of her professional life observing and implementing a wide variety of project management practices across industries. With a focus on promoting creativity, collaboration, and innovation, Angela shares her diverse experience with her Fortune 500 clients, her University of Minnesota students, and members of the leading project management and business analysis organizations across the country.
Day 1 Description: Facilitation to Inspire Innovation and Creativity
We live in a world where attention spans are short and multitasking is critical. Most professionals and their organizations value innovation and creativity, but don't make them a priority. How can you help your organization move these values to reality? How can you inspire innovation and creativity in your project meetings? Join us and learn the skills needed to inspire your stakeholders to close their laptops, ignore their smart phones, and FOCUS!
In this dynamic, hands-on class, attendees will learn facilitation techniques that will engage and energize stakeholders. The techniques will create a lively and positive atmosphere that inspires innovation and creativity throughout the project lifecycle. Get your stakeholders primed to participate and collaborate!
After completing this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Articulate the importance of creativity and innovation in a project environment.
- Identify personality traits and work styles and understand how they impact innovation.
- Apply 10 specific innovation-inspiring facilitation activities immediately upon return to work.
- Apply the new techniques to the appropriate phases of the project lifecycle.
- Create project workshops that provide maximum value for your stakeholders.
Day 2 Description: Visual Collaboration
We all know a visual guru that can jump up in the middle of a meandering meeting, draw a simple picture on the whiteboard, and get the whole room of people back on track. You can do this too! Bring stakeholders together, FASTER, using pictures.
In this fun, hands-on workshop, attendees will learn how to facilitate visual meetings that engage stakeholders and maximize collaboration. Using simple models and diagrams, attendees will learn how to prepare visuals for meetings and how to draw, spontaneously, during meetings. You don't need to be an artist! Grab a marker and join us!
After completing this workshop, students will be able to:
- Articulate the importance of visual communication.
- Draw meaningful, spontaneous visuals during meetings.
- Draw, with confidence, even if they are not "artistic".
- Prepare simple models and diagrams to connect with stakeholders.
- Determine which visual techniques work best based on the type of data, format, project task, and audience.
Course Payment Methods
Our online registration system accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. If you would like to pay for your workshop using an alternate method like check or purchase order, please e-mail email@example.com to register.
BA-Squared with Angela Wick
BA-Squared promotes business alignment by delivering training and tools that inspire collaboration, creativity and innovation.
For more information about BA-Squared public and private training options, visit www.ba-squared.com.