This 1 day workshop is designed for Nano and Micro indenter users to better understand the theory of instrumented indentation and the analysis of its results.
By the end of this workshop, you will have a sound understanding of:
- The theory behind Instrumented indentation testing
- The main factors influencing the indentation results
- The basis of a good indentation test result
The workshop includes both classroom lecture and laboratory demonstration to combine theory and hands-on into one practical workshop.
8:30: Theory of instrumented indentation Testing
- Contat mechanics
- Instrumented indentation testing
- Surface detection
10:30: Coffee Break
10:45: Theory of instrumented indentation Testing (Continued)
- Different hardnesses
- Conditions for correct measurement
- Factors influencing measurement
- Identation size effect
- Testers from Anton Paar
Noon: Lunch provided
12:30: Advice for testing
- Mounting and cleaning of sample / tip
- Different types of materials and their challenges
- Optimizing parameters
2:30: Coffee Break
2:45: Advanced testing
- CMC test
- Sinus test
- Visual matrix
- Surface mapping
- Practice on Instrument
5:30: End of Course
Anton Paar we believe that learning should be a lifelong endeavor and we wish to provide you the opportunity to develop expertise in indentation by offering a variety of educational seminars, workshops, webinars, and eLearning courses. Please visit our website for a complete listing.
If you are interested in attending, we highly recommend you register as soon as possible. Seating is limited and registration will be closed once the seating capacity has been reached.