Actions and Detail Panel
Inspire Parent Evening Workshop Spring 2017
Wed, Mar 29, 2017, 6:30 PM – Wed, May 10, 2017, 8:00 PM EDT
INSPIRE is a 6-week Parent Support Group Program for parents of children with special needs (ages 4-9 years old) which will be led by Patty Marquis, LICSW
Members of this group will meet other parents who can offer immediate empathy for the unique challenges they face on a daily basis and for the long haul. The group will come up with meaningful topics to them which may include how to:
- Learn strategies to feel more emotionally balanced on a daily basis.
- Nurture their individual identity beyond their parenting identity.
- Cope and reduce the stress of relentless advocacy for their child.
- Restore trust and hope in their lives by creating positive connections with others and healing disconnections.
- Gain new perspectives on having more satisfying interactions with their child.
The group will consist of no more than 12 members. Each member is asked to make a 6 week commitment to the group. It will be held on 6 consecutive Wednesday evenings at the Ripley Administrative Building in Concord MA from 6:30-8PM. The group sessions will start on Wednesday March 29, 2017 and end on May 10, 2017. The program is free of charge.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED at this eventbrite site. Sign up soon to secure your spot! Questions? Please call the Center for Parents and Teachers (the sponsor of this program) at 978-202-1143 or email Sally Quinn Reed at email@example.com for more information.
Patty Marquis is a seasoned LICSW social worker in private practice in Concord, who counsels individuals, couples and families. She has also been a parent educator and leader of parent groups since 1977. She brings her solid knowledge of child development, her counselling experience and her mindfulness mindset to inspire parents to deepen their empathy for themselves and their child.