Innovation through Human-Centered Design Workshop
Through a dynamic mix of short lectures and hands-on activities, this two-day workshop introduces participants to the LUMA System of Innovating for People–a flexible framework for practicing the discipline of Human-Centered Design. It will help you:
- Provide teams with a repeatable way to innovate
- Get more out of your direct customer research
- Measurably impact your product development efforts
- Promote productive interdisciplinary collaboration
- Learn creative alternatives to traditional brainstorming
This workshop is ideal for anyone who seeks to accelerate innovation within their organization, is interested in Human-Centered Design, or who wants to improve their skills in these areas.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Product managers, designers, researchers, user experience professionals, marketers, consultants, engineers, and learning professionals interested in improving their skills in Human-Centered Design, also known as Design Thinking;
- Business, non-profit, government, and academic leaders interested in building a culture of innovation or otherwise creating new value through Human-Centered Design
HOW RECENT ATTENDEES DESCRIBE OUR WORKSHOPS
- "It let me see what innovation looks like and how an innovative organization might behave."
- "The most I've learned in two days in the last 10 years."
- "This experience was a career-defining milestone."
- "This course has the absolute best information on how to rapidly and effectively improve not just the design process, but nearly every process in your team. I will not only recommend this course, but insist upon it! Thank you so much."
- "Having a suite of techniques makes it easier to see how adding them could really improve our products."
ATTENDEE ORGANIZATIONS HAVE INCLUDED
Accenture, American Cancer Society, Amway, Autodesk, Cisco, Citrix, DesignSingapore Council, Dun & Bradstreet, Emerson, Facebook, Google, Harvard Business School, Honeywell, IBM, Intuit, Knight Foundation, LEGO, Marvel Entertainment, McDonald's, MIT, Oracle, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Progressive, Stanford Medical, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Steelcase, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Wells Fargo, The White House
EXAMPLES OF METHODS TYPICALLY COVERED
- Rough and Ready Prototyping
- Think-Aloud Testing
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Persona Profile
- Contextual Inquiry
- Rose, Thorn, Bud
- Affinity Clustering
- Importance/Difficulty Diagramming
- Abstraction Laddering
- Round Robin
- Concept Poster
- Video Scenario
- Bull's-eye Diagramming
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- LUMA Institute's "Innovating for People: Handbook of Human-Centered Design Methods"
- "Innovating for People: Human-Centered Design Planning Cards" and other planning tools
TERMS & CONDITIONS
We do not offer refunds. We do not permit transfers from one workshop date to another. However, it is possible to send someone else in your place should you be unable to attend.
Also, please note that we reserve the right to cancel any public workshop up to fourteen (14) days prior to the start date of that workshop. In such a case, registrants will be promptly notified and will receive a full refund or be given the option to attend a future public workshop within six (6) months. We are not responsible for travel expenses or any costs that may be incurred as a result of a cancellation.
All materials and handouts provided by LUMA during the workshop are published, copyrighted works proprietary and owned exclusively by LUMA and its licensors. Workshop participants do not acquire title nor ownership rights in any of these materials, and agree not to reproduce, modify, or distribute any of the materials received from or provided by LUMA.
After registering, each attendee will be sent additional information from a LUMA team member concerning logistics. If you have additional requirements, please call us, and we’ll be happy to help.
Breakfast and lunch are included in your workshop registration fee.
- - -
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workspring: Central Loop
30 West Monroe Street
We equip people to accelerate innovation. We offer learning experiences, practical resources, and strategic services based on the discipline of Human-Centered Design. We outfit businesses, non-profits, governments, and schools – and see measurable and meaningful impact everyday.