A public tour of the Geonetric building and the exciting things going on here, including:
- Geonetric: A 7-time Inc. 5000 Award winning company that develops web sites and digital strategies for hospitals and health systems across the US. Geonetric has a perfectly flat org chart and runs without traditional management; all teams are self-organizing, and we're now settled in to our shiny new space.
- Vault Coworking: The heart of Cedar Rapids' startup ecosystem, Vault is home to tech startups, creatives, and other professionals working to build their businesses, as well as education programs for entrepreneurs.
- NewBoCo: an aggressive nonprofit that operates more than a dozen unique programs including K-12 STEAM education, startup support programs, and corporate innovation.
- Iowa Startup Accelerator: Iowa's first accelerator is an intensive program that matches tech-based startups with world-class mentors, Midwestern work ethic, seed funding, and product development expertise to accelerate their business to a successful exit.
- The Catalyst Cafe, our private cafe used as home base for 1 Million Cups, STEM programs for kids like CoderDojo, meetup events for tech and creative professionals, and more.
- Iowa BIG: Iowa's entrepreneurial high school program.
- Vault Prototyping Labs: our virtual reality and hardware engineering prototyping facilities.
- DeltaV Code School: Iowa's first and only adult code school.
The tour is free, open to the public, and will last a little less than an hour. If you're over 21, you're invited to join us for our weekly celebration of progress called Whiskey Friday, after the tour.
We will also talk about the historic nature of this neighborhood, in particular the business and industrial heritage of the NewBo area.
Optional 1:1 meetings
For startups interested in Iowa Startup Accelerator: we have 2 optional slots for 30-minute 1:1 meetings with Iowa Startup Accelerator staff (choose one of those ticket options)
For potential code school students interested in DeltaV: we have 2 optional slots for 30-minute 1:1 meetings with DeltaV instructors (choose one of those ticket options)
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Geonetric is within easy walking distance of anywhere in New Bohemia.
If you drive: park behind the building and walk around to the main doors.
If you bike: we have an outdoor bike rack you can use on the west side of the building.
What can I/can't I bring to the tour?
You may not take photos or videos during the tour unless given explicit permission by your tour guide.
We ask that you not bring food or drink into the building. If you do, we'll ask that you leave it in the Catalyst Cafe during the tour.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, you don't have to bring your printed ticket, but registration is required via EventBrite.
Is the tour handicap accessible?