Join Baltimore City Recreation & Parks and the Healthy Harbor Initiative for an Inner Harbor Kayaking Tour! Tours offered every Sunday, April through October at 9am and 1pm. Departing from the Science Center Water Taxi landing, explore the Inner Harbor by kayak. See the historic Torsk submarine, the USS Constellation or Mr. Trash Wheel from a new and unique perspective!
Q: How many people can participate?
A: There are 15 spots available for each tour.
Q: Is there an age limit?
A: You must be 13 years or older to participate. Contact email@example.com for any questions regarding ability and/or experience necessary.
Q: Is there anywhere for us to park?
- To find parking that works for your day please visit http://baltimoreparking.com/parking-locations/
- Other parking lots and pay spaces on Light Street and Key Highway are within walking distance of the Science Center. Metered spaces along Light Street and Key Highway are also available.
- We encourage you to use one of the recommended surface lots for parking during your stay. On-street parking is limited, and fines are increased in this area due to residential parking permits and frequent special events in the area. Vehicles in violation of local parking restrictions are subject to fines and/or towing.
Q: What do I need to wear?
A: LAYERS! Please dress to be outside. Being on the water is an awesome experience however you need to be prepared for wind, water and sun!! I recommend wearing clothes that are comfortable and can get dirty. PLEASE WEAR CLOSED TOED SHOES! Hats and sunscreen are highly recommended. Please bring a change of clothes (just in case).
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: A reusable water bottle! You will see firsthand how many plastic onetime use bottles are floating around out there in the water and wish you had a reusable one. Also, don't forget a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses.
Q: What if I don’t swim?
A: We provide and require all participants to wear a life vest while participating. Swimming is NOT a required skill to participate.
Q: How is the water quality?
A: We highly recommend reviewing the annual Healthy Harbor Report Card. We do not recommend paddlign with us if you have open wounds or a compromised immune system.
Q: Is there anywhere to eat lunch?
A: We are conveniently located near many lunch options in the Inner Harbor, Harbor Place and Harbor East.
Q: What about the weather?
A: Well, it’s the one thing we cannot control. Trips are all weather dependent. We, unfortunately, cannot go out on the water if:
- If there is thunder and or lighting. . .
- If the is a SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY. This advisory is hard on everyone because most of the time it’s beautiful and sunny however the winds and tidal pull can make conditions on the water very dangerous.
- Rain. . . Because of our Urban Environment we have a strict policy on waiting 48 hrs. after a rainfall in the Inner Harbor Area. Please read the Healthy Harbor Report Card before questioning this policy. . .
Q: What is the Cancellation and Refund Policy?
A: If your trip has been cancelled due to weather related issues, you will be issued a full refund.
PLEASE ARRIVE PROMPTLY. Pre-registration is required.
For any questions, please call 443-208-1725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org