Celebrating The Great Local Convergence
April 28-29, 2017 :: Seattle
The Inhabit Conference is a three-day experience (with Pre Day) dedicated to helping you practice faithful presence and seek the flourishing of your place. Join hundreds of practitioners from across North America at the beautiful Seattle School of Theology and Psychology for one of the most transformative breakthrough gatherings of the year.
Your Special Invite ::
After a tumultuous election cycle and growing anxiety swirling around us all, we believe that convening together to hear the stories of hope from real places, meet new practitioners, and plot towards collaborative new ventures is more urgent than ever.
New Theme: The Great Local Convergence
Major media outlets constantly broadcast an onslaught of confusion and turmoil in our increasing divided culture, but on the ground, in the neighborhood, a new hope is rising. God is refounding the church in the everyday context of the parish. Hundreds of movements from across the church and in the public square are converging in the local. As communities knit together a fabric care, old divides are being reconciled, new possibilities are emerging, and all sorts of cross-sector collaboration become possible. Join us as we celebrate and innovate towards the Great Local Convergence!
New Pre Day Conferences on April 27th ::
Brand new this year we will be unveiling multiple preday conferences that dive deep into particular movements converging in the local. These in-depth experiences will draw upon best practices, fresh insights, and space for collaborative conversations. Below are the preday conferences confirmed, it's quite possible we will be adding more in the days leading up to our gathering
- Starting Parish Churches: Exploring how to plant neighborhood expressions of faith
- Neighborhood Economics: Accelerating capital and social entreprenuership into our neighborhoods
- Designing Neighborhoods: Engaging the built environment through place making and urban design
- Rural Church Presence: Convening rural church expressions committed to faithful presence
- Everyday Peacemaking: Contending for reconciliation within local conflicts
New Immersive Environments ::
Experience Inhabit like never before! While content is important, real change happens in environments that foster meaningful connections and surprising epiphanies. This year Inhabit will host more than a dozen specially crafted immersive environments that will transform your whole experience. Here are just a few:
- Belltown P-Patch Pub: Dirt, Permaculture, Gardens, Brews, Bees, Indoor/Outdoor, Pic-Nics
- Pop-up Maker Space: Craft, Social Impact, Entrepreneurial, Work Stations, Design Labs
- Sky Chapel: Contemplative Stations, Liturgical Creations, Creative Gatherings, Prayerfulness
- Inhabit Live Studio: Interviews, Crowd-sourcing, On Air Host, Laugh, Cry, Broadcast, Share-with-friends
- The Synapse Gallery: Original Art, Spoken Word, Cultural Creatives, Prophetic Imagination
New Storytelling & Connectivity ::
In the face of fear and fragmentation we need new forms of artful storytelling that foster authenticity and hope, and new forms of collective conversation that foster healing and prophetic imagination. This year Inhabit will host many of the innovative presentation formats you’ve grown to love (Slide Stories, TED-type Talks, Contextual Liturgies, etc), but there will also be many new forms of curated interaction. A few examples:
- Slide Swarm: Visual Rapid-Fire, Ten 2-min Talks, Multiple Diversities, Testimony Plunge, Global Perspective
- Belltown Street Tours: Feet-on-the-street, Explore, New Lens, Seeing Systems, Race & Place, Built Environment
- Open Innovation Space: Pick-A-Theme, Book-A-Meet-up, Spontaneous Workshops, Napkin Convos
- Inhabit Connectivity App: Plan-your-path, Book Meet-ups, Network, Forums, Invite, 6 Degrees, Resources
- Parish Collective Guides: Get Mapped, Ask ?'s, Connect in your area, Join the movement, On-line & On-the-ground
New Abbey Arts Center Party ::
It's not often we are able to all be together, so let's make the most of it! We are looking forward to convening at the Fremont Abbey Arts Center. Grab a drink, re-connect with an old friend, or get to know a new friend. Relationships formed here have literally helped to catalyze new church expressions, have launched new ministries, and have kept many of us inspired by catching up with so many local heroes.
New Friday Food Trucks & Pub Crawl Party ::
Everyone knows the magic happens at conferences as much between sessions as during them. With this in mind, we are thrilled to welcome food trucks onto our campus and to announce a pub crawl on Friday night. Get lunch from some of the best food in Seattle, and later meet up with friends to walk from pub to pub with leaders from across the country. Let the conviviality flow with a pint of local beer, a craft cocktail, or some local Washington wine. You just never know what might transpire along the way.
Get your tickets now for the very best prices.