Indy Pie Wars (Benefiting School On Wheels)
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
Eat pie, help kids!
Indy Pie Wars brings together the yumminess of pie with the benefit of helping kids. The greater Indianapolis social media community is getting together for a pie smack down on Tuesday, June 28, 2011. Amateur bakers from Noblesville to Greenwood will be bringing their best to Brugge Brasserie to compete for the coveted "Pie Maker Jedi" award. All proceeds from the event will be donated to School On Wheels, to help provide tutoring and advocacy for school-aged kids impacted by homelessness.
Participate in one of three ways
1. Contestant - Sign up to enter the pie judging competition. If you enter the competition, you must bring two pies - one for judging and one for sharing. Pieces of pie will be sold to raise funds for School On Wheels. See below for judging rules.
2. Participant - Don't want to be judged? Not problem. Simply bring a pie (homemade or store bought). Pieces of pie will be sold for $5 a piece to raise funds for School On Wheels.
3. Attendee - Just enjoy eating pie? Who doesn't? Pay a $5 attendance fee and then come enjoy a great selection of pies for $5 per slice. Your attendance fee will be donated to School On Wheels.
Help School On Wheels
To raise money for School On Wheels, pies provided by Pie Wars Attendees and Contestants will be sold at $5 per slice. Please bring cash or your checkbook to purchase pie slices and make donations. Credit cards cannot be accepted at the event.
PLEASE NOTE: While you can pay at the door, YOU MUST RSVP if you are attending because of space restrictions.
Hosted by Brugge Brasserie
Brugge Brasserie in Broad Ripple (1011 E. Westfield Blvd., Indianapolis, IN 46220) is hosting the event in their upstairs bar. Partake of some of their handcrafted beers that are on tap at this no-host bar event, and then head downstairs to grab dinner.
Dessert before dinner. Isn't being a grown-up great?!
We are pleased to announce our Pie Wars judging panel:
Chuck Gose @chuckgose
Jolene Ketzenberger @JKetzenberger
Mel McMahon @MelMcMahon
Naptown Buzz @NaptownBuzz
Neon Love Life @NeonLoveLife
Stephanie Eppich Daily @seppichdaily
Donors and Volunteers Needed
We are still looking for prize and raffle sponsors, as well as additional in-kind contributions. If you are interested in helping out as a sponsor, donor or volunteer, please email Jarred Juett at email@example.com, Joe Shoemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Beth Buddenbaum at email@example.com.
About School On Wheels
The mission of School on Wheels is to provide one-on-one tutoring and educational advocacy for school-aged children impacted by homelessness.
The vision is to equip children impacted by homelessness with the educational tools necessary to achieve success in life and break the cycle of homelessness.
To contact School On Wheels, please call 317-202-9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR PIE COMPETITION
- Contest Registration opens June 1, 2011 and continues through June 27, 2011 at 5:00 p.m.
- Registration takes place on the PieWars Eventbrite page.
- Pie drop-off will be held from 5:30 to 6 p.m. at Brugge Brasserie.
- Judging begins promptly at 6 p.m., beginning with cream pies. No refrigeration is available.
21 or older.
How To Enter:
- Sign up to attend and bring pie(s) for judging here on our PieWars Eventbrite page.
- Submit one pie for judging plus one of the same pie for the fundraiser.
- Berry Pies (Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, etc.)
- Fruit Pies (Apple, Peach, etc.)
- Nut Pies (Pecan, etc.)
- Cream Pies (Sugar Cream, Chocolate, Lemon, Coconut, etc.)
Entries should be baked in an aluminum foil pan.
All competition pies must be fully baked. No raw or uncooked eggs. The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (whites or yolks). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked.
All participants in the judged competition must be amateur .
All pies should be accompanied by a clearly printed index card that includes your NAME, PHONE NUMBER, PIE NAME and PIE CATEGORY.
1st, and 2nd Place Ribbons for each category. "Best of Show" Award.
By participating in this event, entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and decisions of the judges. Entrants will agree to release all who participate in the production of this event from any liability without limitations.