San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Photo by Ryan Shaffer
Photographers across the state are invited to join Indy Photo Coach's annual photo competition at the Indiana State Fair. This event provides photographers of all skill levels with the chance to have fun, challenge themselves, and win prizes worth almost $1,000.
This competition has long been a favorite of our photography students. It's a great way for photography lovers to get together, have fun and do what we love to do — capture great moments. The mix of lights, people, and activities provides a visual feast and endless photo opps. And, for the first time, Indy Photo Coach is opening this competition to the public.
The 2013 Indy Photo Coach State Fair Social Shoot takes place on Saturday, August 10th and begins at 6 a.m., when the Fair opens.
The photo competition guidelines are as follows:
- Registered participants will receive a confirmation email with competition details upon registering.
- All participants will receive an email with the four competition categories at midnight on August 10th.
- Participants can begin shooting at 6 a.m. on Saturday. All photos submitted for consideration must be taken between the hours of 6 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Saturday, August 10th. Photos taken outside of this time frame will be disqualified.
- Photos can be submitted for each or all four of the categories. Each category will be judged independently by a team of judges.
- The deadline for submitting photos is 8 p.m. on Sunday, August 11th.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st place in each category, along with one “Best of Show”… a total value of almost $1,000 in prizes.
Best of Show - 1 certificate for 2 IPC private lessons ($280 value)
1st Place per Category - 1 certificate for a second level IPC course ($170 value)
Want to share about the event on social media? Be sure to use #ipcatthefair in your post.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
There is no age limit, but parents must include an approval message for minors (under 18) in the submission.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
No. The registrant must be the one taking the photos and entering them for the competition.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, please contact us with any changes and we will amend your information.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, the Indy Photo Coach photo competition is separate from the Indiana State Fair. We will host a meet-up of participants wishing to connect at the Fair at noon on Saturday, August 10th outside of the Home & Family Arts building. Participants must pay their own way into the Fair. Discount tickets are available at CVS Pharmacies or online.
When & Where
Indy Photo Coach
Indy Photo Coach is a unique photography school focused on offering hands-on, personal instruction to Greater Indianapolis area residents at an affordable price. IPC instructors are professional photographers with a passion for photography and a talent for teaching. We have taught thousands of local photographers -- from hobbyists to pros -- and we're looking forward to meeting you and helping you to improve your digital photography skills.