San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
IndusTREE and Nature Do Coexist
At Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County, 6751 North Jog Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33412 (Friday and Saturday) Pine Jog Environmental Education Center (Sunday), 6301 Summit Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33415
Hotel rooms: DoubleTree by Hilton and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, 4431 PGA Boulevard, Palm Beach, FL 33410. Phone 561-622-2260. Florida PLT will reserve your hotel room for Friday and/or Saturday night in a room block. If you do not need a hotel room, purchase the Workshop only ticket. If you plan on staying additional nights contact Nicolle Nie at Nicolle.Nie@hilton.com or call 561-776-2913 to get the same room rate.
Workshop Registration INCLUDES
- On-line PLT GreenSchools workshop- FREE! (Must indicate you want to take the training on your registration form. A code will be then sent to you to take the workshop. If you are not familar with PLT GreenSchools, please take the course PRIOR to attending the conference.)
- PLT Municipal Solid Waste manual
- PLT GreenSchools poster
- Optional Facilities Tour Friday 3:30-5:00. Recovered Materials Processing Facility (Hard Hat), Landfill (Perimeter Roads), Hazzardous Chemical Recycling Center (inside) Max 26 participants. Tour is now full.
- Friday, Resource Depot Workshop, Sat - Sun workshop
- Saturday lunch and awards dinner; reduced breakfast cost of only $10 at hotel
- A sponsored social before our awards dinner!
Silent Auction! Please bring auction items! There will be a terrific selection!
50/50 Raffle is back! Last year’s winner walked away with $403.00!
SWA raffle items- no cost for tickets!
Friday, November 4th – SWA Education Center
6:00 pm-6:30pm Workshop Check-in – SWA’s Education Center
6:30 pm -8:00pm Resource Depot Workshop and SWA Raffle
Saturday, November 5th – Education Center for Morning/Lunch ----Trails and Afternoon/Night activities in Administration
8:00 am Check-in continues – SWA’s Education Center
9:00 am Welcome/housekeeping
9:30 Concurrent Sessions
12:00 pm Lunch /Regional Team Meetings – Administration Building
1:00 pm Concurrent Sessions
3:30 pm Break
3:45 pm Florida and National Updates
4:00pm James McGirt, National PLT, PLT GreenSchools
4:15pm Interact, Walden Community School
4:30 pm Daily Wrap-up and SWA Raffle
6:00 pm Silent Auction & Hors D’oeuvres (1970s theme. Pize for best costume)
Share tables, Interactive Touch Table, Green Roof, Pation
7:00 pm Awards in Auditorium
7:30 pm Dinner
Sunday, November 6th – FAU Pine Jog EEC
9:00 am FAU Pine Jog Environmental Education Center – Green Schools Program
10:30 am Evaluations and Certificates
11:00 am PLT Raffle Drawing & Final SWA Raffle
11:30 am Optional Activities on your own – PB Zoo, South Florida Science Center & Aquarium, Kayaking at MacArthur Beach State Park
Workshop Sponsors: Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County, Florida Sustainable Forestry Initiative Implementation Committee, Langdale Woodlands, Packaging Corporation of America
Here are a few things we would like you to bring to the workshop:
- Comfortable clothing for in and outdoors
- Refillable water bottles or cups
- Silent Auction Items
- Tree Cookie name tags from past workshops- if you have one
- Your copy of PLT Solid Muncipal Waste manual - if you have one
- Resources to share with others. On Saturday, there will be SHARE tables set up to put items for others to look at or take home. If the items are not to be taken, please be sure to mark them “Display Copy” so it won’t be accidentally taken. Photos, activities, projects, posters, anything that shows what you have been doing. This is a great opportunity for others to get ideas they can use.
Project Learning Tree is an award-winning environmental education program designed for teachers and other educators, parents and community leaders working with youth from preschool through grade 12. PLT uses the forest as a "window" on the world to increase students' understanding of our environment; stimulate students' critical and creative thinking; develop students' ability to make informed decisions on environmental issues; and instill in students the commitment to take responsible action on behalf of the environment. To learn more go to http://sfrc.ufl.edu/plt/index.shtml