In Praise of the Prophet ﷺ: An Evening of Reflection, Oud & Artisanal Coffee
Thursday 27th October 2016
Venue: Artz-i Gallery, 58 Sunbridge Road, Bradford, BD1 2AB
Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
£5 (Payment on the Door)| All Welcome
For More Information, Please Contact:
Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest
(The Qur'an: Chapter 13, Verse: 28)
Muraqaba (Reflection) is a form of dhikr, which involves the act of turning one’s heart towards God through meditation and deep focus.
By concentrating the heart solely upon the Creator, one is able to feel His Presence intensely and contemplate on His Remembrance.
For the Spiritual wayfarers this leads to an increase in Taqwa; it brings life to the heart’s core using the Divine knowledge that, He is fully aware of our deeds and actions: “And Allah is [fully] acquainted with what you do.” [Qur’an 2:234].
And that He is indeed also aware of the state of our hearts: “Allah knows well the secrets of your hearts.” [Qur’an 5:7]. In this Gathering of Grace, we will be joined by our local teacher Shaykh Idris Watts and two special guests who are experts in their respective fields, Ensar Oud in Aloes wood and Martin Pearson in Artisanal Coffee.
The Evening will comprise of:
• Recitation of the Qur'an, Dalail al-Khayrat (Guide to Goodness, written by Imam al-Jazuli, May God bless his soul) and a short reminder led by Shaykh Idris Watts
• Arabic, English and Urdu Poetry Supplicating Praise on the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ
• Presentation by Ensar Oud on the History of Aloes wood and the Spiritual Benefits of Burning the Wood & Applying Oils
• Artisanal Coffee Presentation by Martin Pearsonand Coffee tasting session during the gathering
• Coffee, Conversation and Cakes for our guests
The attendees will be able to purchase Aloes wood/Agar wood from Ensar Oud during the evening and also tickle their taste buds with real coffee beans brewed and poured by our special guest, Martin Pearson, the manager of Takk from Manchester.
Join us for an evening of love, contemplation and incense as we come together for the beginning of our monthly gatherings.