Whether you are trying to capture better images of your own babies or focused on improving your skills to gain portrait clients, this course is a fun way to get there. This class is designed to teach you skills for indoor home or studio shoots.
Class will begin with a presentation covering the following topics in depth:
- Lighting; What type of lighting to use, intensity, set up and modification.
- Camera Settings; White Balance, drive modes, controlling ISO, safe Shutter Speeds, and Aperture for controlling Depth of Field.
- Composition; Using studio props of in home furniture to create cute, flattering and age appropriate poses for babies.
- Safety; Equipment placement, securing props and backdrops, keeping the space all around baby safe.
- Dealing with Clients; Making sure parents remain calm and comfortable during the shoot.
- Controlling your Model; How to keep baby happy and engaged, what to do if baby doesn't cooperate or gets fussy.
After the presentation is complete, we will set up lighting, backdrops and props to demonstrate the tips we went over. Students will then take turns photographing a 6 month old baby in various poses with props and different backdrops for a hands on approach to a miniature photo shoot.
This is a unique opportunity to refine your skills while getting hands on practice and actually leaving with professional quality indoor baby portraits!
Instructor Ashlee Meyer is a professional portraiture photographer living, shooting and teaching in Seattle. She is available for hire for children & family portraits and has a passion for macro and nature photography. You can see her work at www.ashleemeyerphotography.com
Glazer's is now offering a wide range of new classes for all levels of photographers! We are proud to provide our community with skills and techniques to improve the quality of their work and introduce them to undiscovered interests in photography!
Your input is always appreciated! Don't see a class you want to take? Suggest one here!
Due to our class schedule, we are unable to provide refunds within 48 hours of a planned class or event. If you need to cancel, please do so in a timely manner so we can better serve all of our students and instructors.