2-day program (20 hours)
In-Extremis: Shotgun Is NOT a basic shotgun program! It was developed for intermediate or advanced shooters who require enhanced shotgun close quarters tactical skills that work under real-world demands. This fast moving and dynamic course provides an aggressive and practical method for employing the combative shotgun and provides a dynamic thinking and weapons management learning environment. In-Extremis: Shotgun revolves around efficient and effective tactics and weapons management skills focusing on speed, accuracy, and understanding the psychological and physiological mechanics of the human body under high demand close quarters situations.
Students will be provided with a solid understanding of the combative shotgun, its limitations and methods to maximize its performance. This demanding program is delivered in a contemporary and legally defensible format. The student will develop and define reactionary competence through simulated situations and demanding initiative based drills, close quarters deployment, and intermediate range applications.
The course is designed to provide a high degree of personal development topics concentrating on those areas that will enable the professional to become a more effective operator.
- Developing a winning mindset (Train to Win™)
- Tactical Operational Skills
- Simulation Based Training
- Unconventional Shooting Position Techniques
- Close Quarters Engagement Techniques
- Techniques in Stimulus & Response Training
- Tranisition Exercises from Shotgun to Handgun
- Multiple Shot/Threat Engagement Techniques
- 200 Rounds of ball ammunition for handgun
- 10 Rounds of Rifled Slug
- 20 Rounds of buckshot
- 600 Rounds of Trap or Field
- Knee & Elbow Pads (Highly Recommended)
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Ball cap or other billed cap
- Cold and/or wet weather clothing
There are a number of chain hotels in Durango CO (40 minutes from the range)