Implementing a Quality Program Using Compliance Measures With a Focus on Key Steps to Pass an ISO External Audit
Friday, February 28, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
This training will discuss the benefits of combining compliance program activities with a company’s ISO 9001:2008 program leading to the successful passing of an ISO external audit and an overall improved quality culture. It will provide the attendees practical tools and processes that one can readily use to build the framework of an integrated quality/compliance program.
Why Should You Attend:
Companies are spending more time and energy in investing in and building compliance programs, as well as investing in quality programs, typically built upon ISO 9001:2008 standards. Most companies, however, keep these programs separate from each other - usually with each program separately reporting into different functional groups management. While this may be effective for basic company operations, there is room for improvement through innovation gained by integrating to some degree a company’s quality program efforts and their compliance program.
This webinar is intended to provide practical and useful advice and guidance to businesses to integrate the two programs. It is derived from having responsibilities for ISO 9001:2008 program and compliance program for a company, and working to integrate the two systems to benefit each program and the company overall. The presentation will include: the relevancy of each program, the similarities, an approach to integrating the two programs and the benefits of integration, to include assisting in passing an external ISO 9001:2008 standards.
In this webinar, the instructor will discuss the overlap of compliance and quality and how integrating the two programs, whether structurally or operationally, will benefit both programs and the company overall as well as assist a company in successfully passing their periodic ISO 9001:2008 audit. The discussion will focus on practical applications rather than theoretical concepts, with the intent to help a business with a road map for integrating the two programs and to derive benefits from undertaking these efforts.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
This webinar will help businesses better understand the benefits from integrating compliance and quality programs with an understanding of essential steps that can be taken to successfully implement a combined program, to include:
- Reviewing the key fundamentals of a quality program using ISO 9001:2008 standards
- Reviewing the key fundamentals of a compliance program
- Understanding the cross references to quality and compliance, in each area
- Reviewing the benefits of “cross fertilization” in passing an ISO 9001:2008 audit
- Advice on efforts to internally communicate the benefits of integrating the two programs
Who Will Benefit:
- ISO quality managers
- Compliance personnel
- Company management
- Certified ISO auditors
- ISO 9001 consultants
- Individuals involved in quality programs
- Individuals involved in compliance programs
Charles DeLeon, has nearly 20 years of corporate legal and compliance experience, and is currently general counsel to government contractor in Northern Virginia. Prior to his Recently, Mr. DeLeon served as Compliance Counsel for Triple Canopy, Inc., where he was responsible for all government and regulatory compliance matters, training the workforce on compliance matters and leading investigations as warranted, managing a team of 5 employees. In addition, he was responsible for Triple Canopy’s ISO 9001:2008 Program. He successfully integrated the two programs and successfully led the Company thru 3 external ISO 9001:2008 audits. Before joining Triple Canopy, he worked as in-house counsel for various companies, to include EDS and PSINet, and as General Counsel for GTSI Inc., where he was named the Washington Business Journals 2006 Top Washington General Counsel.
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.