Implementing a Compliant PTO Program
Thursday, February 13, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
This HR compliance training will provide the attendees best practices for implementing a Paid Time Off (PTO) program. It will help you understand various state requirements on payment of PTO and how PTO affects FMLA and state leave laws.
Why Should You Attend:
Time off benefits rank as the number two benefit for employees – right behind employer paid medical insurance. Trying to find a balance between sick, vacation and personal time can be very challenging with everyone else having a better idea.
Implementing a Paid Time Off (PTO) program provides a number of benefits to the employer. PTO provides more flexibility and fairness to both the employer and the employee and can be seen as a win-win situation. However, a poorly though out transition can also be disastrous to the morale of the employees and can be a career breaker for the Human Resources department that put the PTO program in place.
This webinar will focus on the state requirements on payment of PTO and the benefits of implementing the PTO program.
- Understand various state requirements on payment of PTO.
- Evaluate the benefits of implementation of a PTO program.
- Understand how a PTO plan will make your life easier under the plethora of state leave laws.
- How to present the PTO plan to top management and employees.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- How a properly implemented PTO program will greatly reduce unscheduled absences and will eliminate the games managers play with the traditional sick/vacation time.
- Case of implementing a PTO program.
- How PTO affects FMLA and state leave laws.
- What to look for before implementing a PTO plan.
- Use it or lose it or capping the accrual – what works best for your organization.
- Providing incentives for good attendance.
- Communicating the new plan to your managers and employees.
Who Will Benefit:
- Human resource professionals
- Managers and supervisors
- Business owners
- Attorneys and legal professionals
- HR consultants
- Companies that are currently using separate buckets for sick/vacation and personal time.
Bob McKenzie, is certified as a Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) and has over 35 years of human resources management experience. His background includes a wide range of hands-on HR practices including training and development, Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Plan Development, development of compensation and incentive programs, performance management systems, recruitment, employee relations, union avoidance and labor contract negotiation. His working experience encompasses the manufacturing, banking, financial services, transportation, government, managed care, information technology and theme park industries.
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.