The Impact Investing in Silicon Valley program is designed to provide practical, hands on professional development for both new and experienced impact investors. Utilizing a variety of formats such as panel discussions, breakouts, and culminating with a “demo day”, the program enables individuals and teams of professionals to gain exposure to the concepts, experts, and deal flow sources specific to the impact investing field.
In particular, the program will focus on impact investing opportunities based in Silicon Valley, with a detailed look at the funders, the companies, and the supporting ecosystem that powers it forward.
The program will be facilitated by experienced, active impact investors and will provide exposure to several of the top impact investment opportunities in Silicon Valley, coming from institutions such as Stanford, Berkeley, Santa Clara, Presidio Graduate School among others.
Confirmed Presenters, Judges, and Program Advisors
- Suzanne Andrews, Founding Partner, Wingpact
- Tripp Baird - Managing Partner, The Builders Fund
- Jorge Calderon - Social Impact faculty Haas Business School UC Berkeley
- Kathryn Coffee - President of ARB Family Office Investment Company
- Erik Edwards - Partner Cooley LLP, family office specialist
- Thomas Knowles - Managing Partner, Gratitude Railroad
- Ted Levinson - CEO Beneficial Returns, Board of Directors Social Enterprise Alliance
- Miriam Riviera - Co-Founder Ulu Ventures and Stanford Angels & Entrepreneurs
- Pankaj Shah - Founder of Ignite Advisors
- Tony Stayner – Managing Director, Excelsior Impact Fund, Partner SV2
- Keynote speaker
- Investor Panel: Evaluating, Executing and Supporting Impact Investments
- Break-out Sessions
- Demo Day Presentations (10 company presentations)
A diverse participant mix comprised of the following types of investors:
- Impact investors, angel investors, VCs and other financial service professionals
- Family office representatives
- Social impact entrepreneurs
- Corporate social impact professionals
- Structure – Educational panels, break-out sessions, demo day
- Participants – Mix of early and later stage impact investors and entrepreneurs
- Focus – Silicon Valley based impact companies and funds
Partner organizations play an integral role in providing direction to the program architecture and content, logistics, and marketing support.
SV2 is a vibrant giving network of more than 200 Partners who come together to learn about effective giving and pool their money and talent to support promising social ventures throughout Silicon Valley and the world. www.sv2.org
Gratitude Railroad serves as a community and catalyst for 100+ community members to learn, discuss and invest across asset classes focused on delivering top tier returns and helping to solve environmental and social challenges. www.gratituderailroad.com
Wingpact is a global community of 650 women angel investors and entrepreneurs focused on a mission to unleash women’s financial resources to create the future. www.wingpact.com
Cooley LLP is a global law firm with 800 attorneys headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with offices throughout the United States, the United Kingdom and China. The firm's practice areas include technology, life sciences, clean technology, real estate, financial services, retail, and energy. www.cooley.com
Produced By The Palo Alto Impact Center
The Palo Alto Impact Center provides professional development for social impact investors, entrepreneurs, and corporate professionals. Our mission is enabling the launch of new social impact organizations that improve the lives of individuals in the Bay Area and globally. We achieve this by growing and connecting the ecosystem of social impact professionals, creating high-impact professional development, and providing access to capital. www.PaloAltoImpactCenter.com