Actions and Detail Panel
Impact Investing in Africa Tech Roundtable
Fri, April 21, 2017, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM BST
The Impact Investing in Africa Tech Roundtable will bring together Africa-focused investors in London to have an in-depth discussion around driving impact investment into the Africa technology sector with a particular focus on market opportunities and challenges for scaling impact investing.
- Create a discussion around opportunities and challenges in impact investing in the African tech ecosystem.
- Gain insights from leading impact investors who are already actively engaging in Africa.
- Networking to enable greater collaboration between Africa-focusd impact and tech investors.
- Generate a discussion summary for participant’s further engagement.
Discussion questions will include:
- What are the key opportunities emerging in the region through impact-driven investment in technology?
- How can the impact and tech investor communities collaborate to see more impact investment funding channelled towards technology ventures in Africa?
- What is needed for these investments to succeed in driving high-impact and scalable tech solutions?
09:00 - 09:30 Arrival and breakfast
09:30 – 09:45 Introduction and welcome
09:45 – 10:00 Speaker 1 (TBC)
10:00 – 10:15 Speaker 2 (TBC)
10:15 – 10:25 Introduction by Panel Chair - Iain Wilton Director at Fieldfisher
10:25 – 11:25 Roundtable discussion
11:25 - 11:30 Closing remarks