San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In celebration of our 95th year, AWA+D’s symposium entitled IMAGINING LA draws inspiration from the rich history of women who have imagined the future for Los Angeles. Never has it seemed more vital to remember the role women have played in building our metropolis and to amplify our ideas for LA’s evolution in the 21st century.
Our panel gathers some of the most innovative, future-minded practitioners working across the disciplines of urban planning, housing, education, transportation, and policy in our city today to reflect on the lessons of LA’s history since our organization’s founding and to share their optimism for the future: a future where architecture, planning and design will play a critical role.
To download a flyer you can post at work or share with friends, click here.
- Early Bird (Before April 17 19, 2017): $55 members/$80 non-members
- Regular (April 17 19-May 13, 2017): $75 members/$100 non-members
- Ticket + AWA+D Membership for 2018 and remainder of 2017: $150
- Student (Valid Student ID Required): $40
No refunds or exchanges will be accepted.
Registration opens at 9am
Program begins at 10am - Panelist presentations & discussion, plus AWAF awards ceremony, and luncheon.
- Gail Goldberg: Executive Director of ULI Los Angeles (former Director of Los Angeles City Planning Department and Planning Director of the City of San Diego)
- Denice Wint: Senior Project Manager Innovative Housing Opportunities
- Andra Hoffman: Los Angeles Community College District Trustee and California Community College Trustees Board member
- Ellen Wright: Director of Terminal Planning at Los Angeles World Airports
- Dora Epstein Jones (Moderator): Executive Director A+D Architecture + Design Museum
Parking / Transportation
Venue parking lot accommodates 75 cars and is provided on a first come, first served basis. Carpooling, as always, is highly encouraged.
Public Transportation: Metro Red Line's Hollywood/Highland station is a 10-minute walk from venue.
Save This Event
When & Where
Association for Women in Architecture + Design
The Association for Women in Architecture and Design is a Professional Society dedicated to supporting career and educational endeavors for women working in the built environment.
Learn more: http://awaplusd.org/about-us/