About this workshop:
Get introduced to Adobe Illustrator basics so that you can make simple design edits or graphics. This workshop is for Illustrator beginners and will include step-by-step guides to walk you through the various tools and potential of this software. Adobe Illustrator is a powerful tool for creating graphics such as logos, infographics, storyboards and etcetera. This workshop will walk you through an example project of creating a logo, then have an additional practice project followed by time to work on your own project with the instructor available to help answer any questions you may have.
You’ll Learn How To:
- Create a logo
- Use the basic toolbar features
- Trace existing photos to turn them into illustrated versions
- Search and adjust existing vector graphics
- Those who have never used Adobe Illustrator before but want to
- Startup founders & employees who need to make design edits to their work or create simple images
- Engineers who want to better understand the tools of a designer
- We highly encourage those from underrepresented backgrounds to attend inclusive of women, LGBTQ community, people of color, veterans and the like
- This workshop will be useful for those working in nonprofits and small businesses, however the outputs of the workshop will be catered towards the needs of startups
- Introduction (10m)
- Intro Tutorial Project (20m)
- Practice Project (30m)
- Individual Project (30m)
Meet Your Instructor:
Sami Nerenberg has been teaching design in higher education for the last eight years at Northwestern University, Pratt, and the Rhode Island School of Design. She is currently the executive director of the Alliance for Community Development, supporting underrepresented entrepreneurs and is the previous associate director of Design for America. Sami believes that as humans we surround ourselves with designed objects, spaces and experiences that reflect our past, present, or aspirations for the future. Her dream would be for all services to be as simple, beautiful, and intuitive as possible.
“Sami is the best. She truly cares about the projects and she gives you constructive feedback. Her demonstrations of Photoshop and Illustrator skills are super helpful too. Loved this course!”
– Northwestern University Student Review
For more on Sami, check out www.saminerenberg.com
- Must have a laptop and Adobe Illustrator. If you don’t already have Illustrator, learn how to download a free 30 day trial here. Be sure to download well before the workshop as it can take a few hours to load.
- Bring a personal project that you’d like to get help with after the practice project.
- Download the workshop prep materials that will be emailed to you before the workshop.
$5 for Impact Hub Members. Apply discounte code.
Image Credit: http://www.mytownfanclub.com/