The Grading FOR Learning Workshop will incorporate current research about standards-based and competency-based grading, opportunities for attendees to collaborate around current grading practices, and hands-on time with Illuminate modules including but not limited to: points-based gradebooks, standards-based gradebooks, gradebook reporting, assessments, and performance bands.
Who Could Benefit?
Pilot Gradebook Teachers
Teacher Leaders (Grade Level or Dept.)
Curriculum & Instruction Leaders
Professional Development Leaders
Purpose & Goals
Pilot teachers and Illuminate leaders will:
- Collaboratively reflect on current grading practices and create a vision for grading practices
- Explore illuminate possibilities for assessment and gradebook
- Establish goals for implementation and identify success criteria
- Setup assessment performance bands and gradebook starters to support a comprehensive feedback
- Identify stakeholders to pilot, train, and provide ongoing feedback about implementation