Speaker - Andy Burns
Topic – AGILITY DOESN'T REQUIRE BUSINESS ANALYSTS? PHOOEY!
You may often hear the agile myth, "Agility doesn't require Business Analysts?" Andy Burns says "Phooey! to that." Please join us as Andy Burns discusses the value of the BA role in the Agile world. Burns will review several of 34 key Business Analysis Tasks and their optimal usage in an Agile Framework. Andy will describe how the BA role can be highly leveraged in agility, especially agility at scale, and makes a case that agile can not be scaled without a core cadre of strong business analysts. Join this session to learn a bit about agile and how to leverage a community of business analysis practice to make agile work at large scale!
Andy Burns is the Chief Scrum Master at one of the world's leading PLM vendors. He Scrums with 50 teams on 4 continents. Burns has been a IIBA volunteer and uses business analysis skills daily to drive agile discipline across cultures and time zones. Burns has trained CBAP Certification courses and other business analysis courses and is a lowercase 'a', "Agile Evangelist."
- 5:30 - 6:00 - Networking
- 6:00 - 6:05 - Chapter News and Updates
- 6:05 - 6:55 - Feature Presentation
- 6:55 - 7:00 - BA Round Table Forum
The Community Room @ The Greene is our New Forum.
General Location: (In the Same Building/Area as Panera Bread)
Directions (Stoop Parking Garage)
1. Park in the Stroop Parking Garage (use the entrance on Birch Alley)
2. Cross Birch Alley into a breezeway through the Ritch Building.
3. The Community room is in the Breezeway on the left, just after the ATM.
Alternate Directions (Regardless of where you park)
1. On the north end of Chestnut Street, there is a "Carters" and "Forever XXI" Store.
2. Between those two stores is a breezeway. Follow the breezeway to the far end.
3. The Community Room is on the Right side, just before the ATM.
Chapter Members: $27
Annual Pass: $45
Note: 1 PDU Credit for PMI or IIBA
Please forward to other BA’s, PM’s, or Test Analyst that may have an interest.
1. To Join or Renew your chapter membership, please select the "Annual Chapter Membership" option and pay the $27 member fee.
2. As an alternative to paying for individual meetings, consider an "Annual Pass" for $45 that allows you to attend all 9 meetings for a reduced price.
3. If you are a chapter member or an annual pass holder, please select "Chapter
Member/Annual Pass Meeting" ticket.
4. If you are not a chapter member paying for a single meeting, please select the "Non-Member Chapter Meeting" ticket option and pay the $7 meeting fee.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
- April 12th, 2017
- May 10th, 2017 - General Annual Meeting/Elections
A Special Thanks to our Sponsors
Save This Event
When & Where
IIBA Greater Miami Valley Chapter
Welcome to the Greater Miami Valley Chapter of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). The Greater Miami Valley Chapter exists to champion and give voice to the profession of business analysis; to educate our members and those who use our services; and to advance our professional standing by participating in a rigorous program of national certification.
We draw our membership from the dynamic business environment and vibrant professional communities in nearby cities and suburbs. If you are a business analyst, project or program manager, or interested business professional working in the Dayton, Ohio area, we invite you to join our chapter and share our energy as we help to define and shape the role of the business analyst in today’s enterprise environments.
Chapter Mission - To provide guidance and resources to help members advance the practice of business analysis and attain professional certification.
Chapter Vision - To be leading association for business analysis professionals in the Dayton, Ohio area; advocating their business value and educating professionals in other fields about their contributions.
Chapter Goals -Provide networking opportunities to our chapter members. Influence and contribute to the Business Analyst Profession. Learn how to apply Business Analysis best practices. Contribute to the IIBA Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK).