Ignite Seattle 21
Sunday, August 18, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM (PDT)
Ignite Seattle 21 is the third OUTDOOR IGNITE, so dress approriately. Here's the rundown of what you need to know.
- Bring your own chairs and blankets (there are no chairs provided).
- Doors open at 7:00 pm.
- Best seats go at 7pm, so get there early to claim your campsite and then feel free to head out and grab a drink or a bite in the neighborhood until Ignite starts.
- You can bring food and drinks, but no alcohol please.
- Event is all ages. Bring the kids!
- Talks will start as soon as it's dark enough to see the screen (which is usually sometime after 8:30 - 8:45).
- Admission is $5. If you buy a pre-sale ticket, please print out the ticket and bring it with you.
- Advance ticket sales guarantee your entry to Ignite; some tickets will be available at the door based on capacity limits.
Ignite will be happening on Fremont Market day, which ends at 5. We highly recommend checking it out.
What is Ignite?
Enlighten Us, But Make It Quick
If you had five minutes on stage what would you say? What if you only got 20 slides and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds? Around the world geeks have been putting together Ignite nights to show their answers.
Ignite was started in Seattle in 2006 by Brady Forrest of O’Reilly Radar and Bre Pettis of Make. Since then 100s of 5 minute talks have been given across the world. Besides Seattle, there are thriving Ignite communities in Portland, Sydney, Boulder, Baltimore, NYC and lot more. Hundreds of people turn out for our Seattle Ignites.