IGNITE BOSTON IS SOLD OUT! THANK YOU!
• Conception, Pregnancy, Labor, Delivery, and Infants (for Geeks), Jacob Buckley-Fortin, @jakebf
• How Freestrapping Is Killing Our Start-Ups, Bobbie Carlton, @bobbiec
• Code for America: Education and Technology in Boston, Max Ogden, @maxogden
• How to Start a Summer Camp, Katie Gradowski and Will Macfarlane
• The Real "MobileMe" How Smartphones Are Enabling a World of "Augmented Humanity," Joseph
• Social Media Science, Dan Zarrella, @danzarrella
• The Future of Search Is Context, Mark Watkins, @viking2917
• Trolling for Data, Courtney Stanton, @kirbybits
• Social Enterprise: What Works, What Doesn't, Why It Matters, and Why You Should Hate Oprah,
Meaghan Cassidy, @mcassidy8
• Pure Imagination: How Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory Is Really An Anti-Drug Parable,
TC Cheever, @cheever
• Compost Your Dishes: Better than Washing, Heather Gilmore, @ecoMV
• 5 Things You Didn't Know About Beer, Sarah Hastings, @beeriety
Ignite Boston 8 will be Monday February 7, 2011 from 6pm to 9:00pm. Doors open at 5:30pm. Pizza will be provided!
This is the speaker lineup:
Raffle: We'll be raffling off a pair of tickets from Improv Boston (http://www.improvboston.com/).
In talks that are exactly five minutes long, Ignite presenters share their personal and professional passions, using 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds. See examples of great Ignite talks here: http://ignite.oreilly.com/
Space is limited.
The event will be at Microsoft's New England Research & Development office (NERD) right in Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA. This fantastic space is right on the Red Line of the MBTA, and there is ample free on-street parking available.
Follow us on Twitter for updates: http://www.twitter.com/igniteboston
We're using the hashtag #gigbos for this event since Ignite Boston 8 is part of Global Ignite Week: http://globaligniteweek.com
More about Global Ignite Week:
Ignite goes global! From March 1-5, 2010, 75+ Ignites will take place in cities around the world. Upwards of 10,000 entrepreneurs, technologists, DIYers, creative professionals, and enthusiastic knowledge-seekers will gather in local pubs, theaters, and other convivial venues for an evening that is a unique blend of networking, information, and fun, encapsulated in the Ignite motto: "Enlighten us, but make it quick."
When & Where
Union Alums in Boston