The purpose of this seminar is to introduce you to the principles of IFRS 9, the new accounting standard for financial instruments, to be implemented by January 1st, 2018 at the latest. These principles include a reviewed classification and measurement of financial instruments, a new forward-looking assessment of impairments and an improved approach to hedge accounting.
Key questions answered:
- What is IFRS 9, where does it come from and what is its purpose?
- What are the principles for classification and measurement of financial instruments?
- How to approach and implement impairments under IFRS 9?
- How calculate 12-month and lifetime Expected Credit Losses?
- What kind of leverage can be expected from Basel 3?
- How to deal with the technological challenges resulting from IFRS 9 implementation?