Cincinnati is a place-based center for talent and social innovation and is moving the national conversation forward about next gen philanthropy. IDEALAB People Power is a day-long event discussing the importance of funding talent-led initiatives for community and economic development.
Throughout the morning, (4) panels including foundations from Detroit, Minneapolis, Denver and Cincinnati are paired with their talent recipients to share what they have learned and how they have evolved by working together directly.
- Panel #1 - George C. Jacobsen from Kresge Foundation, Detroit, MI + Phillip Cooley, PonyRide, Detroit
- Panel #2 - David Nicholson from Headwaters Foundation for Justice, Minneapolis, MN + Kalia Vang, Headwaters inaugural Giving Project, Ann Arbor
- Panel #3 - Lucy Cantwell from New Belgium Family Foundation, Ft. Collins, CO + Eric Kornaki, Re:Vision, Denver
- Panel #4 - Megan Trischler from Haile/U.S. Bank Foundation, Cincinnati + Jason Snell, CoSign Northside, Cincinnati
Lunch Keynote Address: The evolution between foundation and funders direct to talent
Eric Avner, VP, Sr. Program Manager, Community development for Haile/U.S. Bank Foundation & People's Liberty
In the afternoon, all guests will tour (3) IDEALAB stops that showcase economic investment for innovational social impact in three focus sectors:
- Tour stop #1 Local Food Innovation District - Joe Hansbauer, President and CEO, Findlay Market at People's Liberty, overlooking Findlay Market
- Tour stop #2 Creative Placemaking - Sarah Allan, Program Director; Tom DiBello, Executive Director; Rachel Hastings Program Director Community Development from Center for Great Neighborhoods at the new Hellman Building, The Center for Great Neighborhoods of Covington
- Tour stop #3 Education - Christina Williams, Cincinnati Children’s James M. Anderson Center for Health Systems Excellence; Melissa McCoy, Director of Collaborative Continuous Improvement for the StrivePartnership and Cheryl Broadnax, Director, Cincinnati Public Schools Head Start at Cincinnati Children's Hospital
The day concludes with a networking Happy Hour from 5pm - 7pm at The Transept at Washington Park, Over-the-Rhine.
Soapbox/Issue Media Group's IDEALAB: People Power is presented by The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation and People’s Liberty.
Prestige AV & Creative Services is the official technology partner of IDEALAB. Thanks to Movers & Makers.