San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ICS-100: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- This course provides training and resources for personnel who require a basic understanding of the Incident Command System (ICS). ICS-100 introduces ICS and provides the foundation for higher level ICS training. This course describes the history, features and principles, and organizational structure of the Incident Command System. It also explains the relationship between ICS and the NIMS.
- The target audience includes persons involved with emergency planning and response or recovery efforts. Recommended that ICS-100 participants use their skills in an operational environment before enrolling in ICS-200. This will provide necessary context and understanding of the skills they will develop when they take ICS-200.
Prerequisites - N/A
Save This Event
When & Where
Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management
The Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management is a stand alone agency within the Fairfax County Goverment. As the agency that is charged with Emergency Management we focus on the following:
- Devloping and reviewing Emergency Operations Plans (EOP)
- Standing up and operating the Emergency Operations Center
- Providing for NIMS Compliance through classes and interagency partnerships
- Providing training that meets and exceeds HSEEP requirements based on county capabilties
- Making Fairfax County the safest and most resilient community in the world!
The NIMS/ICS classes offered through the Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management are centered around classroom centered instruction and are offered on a rotating basis. The classes are delivered at our EOC or at the AEOC located at the Government Center. Additional information and assistance can be had by contacting the NIMS Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (571) 350-1018....