Monday, April 21, 2014 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join a group of leading entrepreneurs, investors, technologists and policy experts for a discussion on why immigration reform is critical to the tech and start-up community in New York City and across the country.
Immigration & Innovation: Why Reform is Important to the Tech Community in NYC
- Matt Shampine, VP of Strategy, WeWork
- Murat Aktihanoglu, Managing Director, Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator
- Rachel Sklar, Founder and CEO, TheLi.st
- Nithya Das, VP, General Counsel, AppNexus (Moderator)
Slowing Down Start-Ups: How America's Broken Immigration System Impacts NYC Entrepreneurs and Companies
- Aditya Julka, Co-founder, Paddle8
- Guy Horrocks, Founder, Carnival Mobile
- Niamh Hughes, Tech Communications Manager, Shutterstock
- Kunal Sarda, Founder, Verbalizelt
- Lisa Conn, National Organizing Director, FWD.us (Moderator)
RSVP now and we will follow up with additional information about the program.
Refreshments will be provided.
When & Where
The Partnership for a New American Economy and FWD.us
The Partnership for a New American Economy brings together more than 500 Republican, Democratic, and Independent mayors and business leaders who support immigration reform as a way of creating jobs for Americans today.
FWD.us is an organization started by key leaders in the tech community to promote policies to keep the United States and its citizens competitive in a global economy—including comprehensive immigration reform and education reform.