Try your hand, test your skills, solve a problem, write great code.
ICF Ironworks invites you to win great prizes and earn the respect of your peers in this fast-paced, head-to-head coding competition.
- Java 7
- Core only
- Problem solving algorithms
Convert a Roman numeral to decimal. The first contestant to finish signals the judge to check their answer. If the judge types in a test and gets the right solution, then a victor is declared. If not, the game continues.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 4 contestants and door prizes will be awarded at the end of every round.
- Champion = $500 Visa gift card
- Second place = $300 Visa gift card
- Non-advancing final four competitors = $200 Visa gift card
- Door prizes = gifts cards for gas stations, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.
- Single-elimination tournament, head-to-head heats escalating to one-on-one competition.
- Limited to no more than 32 competitors.
- No fee to participate as a competitor or spectator.
- Registration is open until April 18, 2012 or until capacity is reached.
- Full brackets will be determined prior to the start of the first round.
- Rounds will consist of coding solutions to 3 given problems. The first competitor to correctly implement solutions to 2 of the 3 problems will be the round winner.
- Judges will verify that a competitor has correctly solved the problems and declare a round winner.
- Spectators will be allowed to make noise, but will be removed from the event if they are found attempting to help competitors in problem solving.Cheering and jeering are encouraged, but event staff has the right to remove anyone who is offensive or overly distracting.
- 21+ event for competitors and spectators.
- BYOD - Bring your own device. Competitors should bring their own laptops and other necessary equipment. Power and wifi will be available.
- Identification is required to check in.
- UCC on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @iwx and @icfi, hashtag #ICFUCC
- Help us promote the event by telling your friends and posting to your social networks.
Download the UCC logo for your website or blog.
- Email us at email@example.com
- 5:00 to 6:00 - Check in and Social
- 6:00 to 8:00 - Competition
- 8:00 to 8:30 - Awards
- 9:00 - Event closes
When & Where
ICF Ironworks Consulting
About ICF Ironworks
ICF Ironworks combines strategy, technology, and design services to assist clients in the development of large-scale, complex technology projects. ICF Ironworks’ key service offerings are business and IT alignment, portal and content management, and interactive design. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, ICF Ironworks serves national and global clients from offices in the Washington, DC area; Charlotte and Raleigh, NC; and Minneapolis, MN. For more information, please visit http://www.ironworks.com.