Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Cleveland is abuzz. First it was the Cavs, then the RNC, then the Indians, then being named America’s hottest city. Now it’s Icebreaker Wind! How often does your business get a chance to be part of a new and exciting emerging industry? What does it take to construct and install the first freshwater wind project in North America, 8 miles off Cleveland’s shore?
It takes a lot! A lot of equipment, materials, services, and labor, much of which will be sourced locally, right here in Northeast Ohio. From pre-construction services to setting up a complete staging area with office trailers, temporary assembly units, furnishings, utilities, and security, to a long list of materials, rental equipment, material handling equipment, and all the trades for the construction and installation phase. And let’s not forget the hospitality services needed for the installation crews, cleaning services, sanitary services, crew meals, and crew transport.
LEEDCo, Fred. Olsen Renewables USA, GLWN, and Emerald Cities Cleveland are working together to identify regional businesses that are capable and interested in being part of this extraordinary project. Join us for our Supply Chain Open House event. Take the time you need during this open house to:
- Introduce your company. Meet the Icebreaker Wind project team.
- Find your fit. Understand the broad range of materials, equipment, and services we are looking for.
- Learn who is buying what. Understand the Icebreaker Wind procurement process.
- Get listed in the Icebreaker Wind Regional Supplier Resource directory.
- Get connected to the project key suppliers. Icebreaker Wind Requests for Proposals will be released starting in early 2017, and each bid spec package will contain the Icebreaker Wind Regional Supplier Resource directory.
Brief Open House Presentations will take place at 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
*Can't attend but still want to get listed? Click here.