This event is sponsored and organized by the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative in partnership with Hillsborough Community College (HCC) and the Entrepreneur Collaborative Center, a partner of HCC.
The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program is an experiential, problem-based learning program designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset. To better understand the Ice House philosophy, Author & ELI Founder Gary Schoeniger traces the insights and principles that led to the creation of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program in this four-minute Kauffman Sketchbook “Entrepreneurial Mindset” video.
To become certified to teach the Ice House Program and learn how to implement within your organization or community, you are invited to participate in the three-day facilitator training. The facilitator training consists of the following participant outcomes:
- Participants will understand entrepreneurship as a mindset that can empower anyone to succeed.
- Participants will learn to facilitate the eight life lessons, by engaging in the Ice House entrepreneur video case studies and discussion questions.
- Participants will engage in the entrepreneurial process through the Ice House Opportunity Discovery Process designed to immerse participants in real-world entrepreneurial circumstances that will enable them to develop entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills.
- Participants will understand the importance of bridging the community to the classroom by engaging in the entrepreneurial process.
- Participants will review and discuss the Ice House course content, methodology, structure, learning objectives, and delivery options.
- Participants will learn best practices and use cases for effective delivery of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program from implementations in classrooms and communities around the world.
Community Keynote: Redefining Entrepreneurship
Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 8:00AM – 10:00AM
Gary Schoeniger, Founder of the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative (ELI) & Co-Author of Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur
Entrepreneurship is more than an academic discipline and reaches far beyond the concept of traditional business creation and small business management. Entrepreneurship is a mindset; a framework for thinking and acting that can empower anyone to succeed. It is a mindset that can empower ordinary people to accomplish the extraordinary.
Tuesday, February 23, 2015, 10:00AM – 5:00PM
Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Thursday, February 25, 2016, 8:00AM – 2:00PM
Hotel Accomodations: An Ice House Entrepreneurship Program group rate of $199 is negotiated at the Le Méridien Tampa. Must reserve by Friday, January 29th to recieve the group rate. Make your reservation online here. The hotel does offer a first come, first serve shuttle to Ybor City Historical District (home of the Entrepreneur Collaborative Center). The city of Tampa also operates a trolley that operates in downtown, Channelside, and Ybor City.
Attire: Business casual
Note: Seating is limited. Breakfast and lunch are included.
When & Where
The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative
The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative (ELI) is a global thought leader dedicated to expanding human potential through entrepreneurial mindset education. ELI serves academic institutions, government agencies, profit and non-profit organizations around the world to empower their constituents with an entrepreneurial mindset through professional development training, facilitator certification, and curriculum content. ELI is the creator of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs. To learn more about the organization, visit www.elimindset.com.