Join Dr. Charles Simpson and other complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) providers as we explore the coming implementation of ICD-10, it's impact on clinicians and office staff, as well as how evidence-based practice has become the gold standard in health care that what that means for CAM providers.
ICD-10 for CAM Providers (Two hours)
ICD-10 is coming! This change to the International Classifications of Disease manual is scheduled for full implementation in October 2014 and will be required for all health care providers. This two-hour sessions will cover these topics and more:
- This change will alter the way your office communicates diagnostic information to payers, imaging facilities, labs, other doctors and any other place that you currently use ICD-9
- We will introduce the concepts behind ICD-10, how to use it and how to convert your current ICD-9 code set to ICD-10
- Provides your office clinicians, management and billing staff with a roadmap and work plan to ensure that you will be ready for the transition
- ICD-10 will require some changes in the way your chart records document diagnoses and this program will focus on the steps you will need to take to be compliant in your record keeping
The program is intended for both clinicians and office staff. Dr. Simpson has presented this material to chiropractors, acupuncturists, naturopathic physicians, and licensed massage practitioners throughout the NW.
Evidence-based Practice for CAM providers (Two hours)
- Evidence-based medicine (or evidence-based practice) has become the gold standard in health care
- This 2 hour program will help CAM clinicains (chiropractors, acupuncturists, naturopathic physicians, and licensed massage practitioners) understand how evidence-based practice is changing how patients, payers and other professionals view what goes on in CAM providers' offices
- The evidence supporting CAM health care is accumulating rapidly and demonstrates what practitioners have known for generations: what we do works!
- The seminar will show you how to access the evidence and how to communicate it to patients and others who increasingly will want to know the science behind our health care
- The information in this program will take the fear and suspicion out of EBM and show you how it can benefit you every day in your office as you help your patients
As the medical director at CHP, Dr. Simpson has had the opportunity to explore EBM and find the evidience that supports CAM practices. CHP has evidence-based clinical pathways that document the science behind 100's of conditions that are successfully treated by CHP providers.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
CHP will be hosting parking for all our Continuing Education attendees. Please park in the 7th and Pike Garage at 1520 7th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101. You will be supplied a Parking Voucher at check-in to give to the parking attendent when you exit the garage.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact Jocelyn Bonebrake at 800-449-9479 x105 or email@example.com
What is the refund policy?
You may cancel your registration without penalty until Wednesday, May 8, 2013. No cancellations will be accepted after Wednesday, May 8. Substitutions will be accepted up to and including the day of the seminar. The substitute attendees must bring the original ticket and will receive the certificate of attendance by e-mail after the seminar.