iCare - Connect, Advocate, Relate and Enjoy Life
One-day foster, adoptive and kinship parent retreat at the Riverside Retreat Center in Dundee, Michigan
Location: 850 Lloyd Rd Dundee, Michigan 48131
Date: Saturday, March 18 , 2017 Time: 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Join other foster, adoptive and kinship parents for this one-day retreat at the beautiful Riverside Retreat Center in Dundee, Michigan. Connect with other parents and share your experiences with people who get it. Get refreshed and receive encouragement.
- Relaxation Breathing Exercises and Guided Meditation Session with Yoga Master and Life Coach, Joyce Brown
- Knitting for Relaxation, Beginners Level
- Take Home Art Therapy Project
- Essential Oils Make-and-Take Workshop with representative from Young Living Essential Oils
Parent Workshops with Rachel Kornilakis and Lara Bouse, Presidents of Fostering Forward Michigan and the Fostering Forward Michigan Advisory Council Members:
- Advocacy - Finding your voice and learning when and how to use it, learn how to use the child welfare chain of command and hear about selected cases where Fostering Forward Michigan has supported family advocacy.
- Resource Swap - Resource sharing for foster, adoptive and kinship parents. Together, the Fostering Forward Michigan Advisory Council has over 50 years of foster/adoptive parenting experience. We have one of the most comprehensive resource lists in Michigan.
- Behavior Buster Brainstorming - Are certain behaviors driving you crazy? Talk things out with other experienced parents in one of our Behavior Buster Brainstorming sessions where we will share and swap parenting techniques, tips and tricks.
Special luncheon included - Prizes and giveaways throughout the day
Ticket rate is $25.00 per person.
This event is hosted by Fostering Forward Michigan.
***This event is for parents only. Please make other arrangements for childcare****
No refunds may be given after purchase but participants may transfer tickets to other foster, adoptive or kinship parent. Any transfer is the sole responsibility of the participants involved.