World Class Experiential Training
Eliassen’s coaching workshops primarily consist of hands-on activities done in diversified groups of 4-6 people. Groups are reformed multiple times throughout the workshops. The workshops are infused with the combined experience of one of the world’s largest and most experienced Agile Coaching organizations.
Robert Annis, Director, Agile Training Services
As the Training Services Director of Eliassen’s Agile Consultancy, Robert manages the training effort of the organization. This includes directing Agile coaches and trainers, creating training materials, managing training events and, of course, delivering training. Critically, he also defines the overall vision for the group.
In his training role, he teaches many different classes for delivery teams such as Agile Boot Camps, Introductions to Agile and Coaching Workshops, all the way to training and coaching C-level Executive teams. Robert also delivers role and skill focused courses such as Agile for Business Analysis, Agile Testing, Agile for Project Managers and Writing Requirements in Agile.
Robert also presents to industry groups such as the Project Management Institute (PMI) and is a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Provider.
Additionally, Robert is the lead Agile SME and instructor for Villanova University, focused on authoring and delivering high-quality courses to students as they grow their educational experience. He teaches courses such as Contract Management using Agile and Business Intelligence Agility.
The ICP-ATF is one of two Continuing Learning Certifications (CLCs) on the Agile Coaching Track. It focuses primarily on the mindset and role of an agile team facilitator, while also providing group facilitation tools and techniques for effectively designing meetings and workshops that both engage the entire audience and drive towards agreed-upon outcomes. Through obtaining this certification, the learner will develop an appreciation for the art of facilitation as key to fostering collaboration and enabling self-organizing teams. In addition, participants will update their facilitator toolkits and gain practical experience leveraging them to facilitate specific agile practices towards successful team outcomes. Click below for more details.
Who Should Attend
Anybody interested in gaining or deepening the skills of a Scrum Master or Agile Coach:
- Scrum Masters
- Agile Coaches
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Team leads
- Any two day introduction to Agile
Eliassen Agile Coaching Workshop Common Benefits
- Create or update your self-improvement backlog.
- Network with and learn from a wide variety of other participants.
- Gain IC Agile certification and progress towards being a certified Agile Coach.
- Receive frequent feedback on how you are doing throughout the session.
- Workshop materials including slides in pdf format, Agile Coach Handbook, Enterprise Agility Maturity Matrix Tool, and Eliassen Planning Poker cards.
- Practice facilitation using a wide variety of activities and circumstances.
Agile Team Facilitation Specific Benefits
- Add 20 techniques specific to this workshop to your Agile coaching “bag of tricks” for use at both the team and organizational level.
- Learn how to objectively measure team and organizational Agility in order to baseline the current state, set goals, and measure progress.
- Discover how to improve the outcome of any meeting with an emphasis on standups, retrospectives, iteration planning, and iteration reviews.
- Learn how to significantly increase the value produced by an Agile team.
In preparation for the in class work, there is about ½ day of work you can do at your own pace prior to the start of the class. This includes a series of videos (webinars), some reading material, and a few assignments to create materials for use in class. It is mandatory that you complete all of the work ahead of time for certification and for you and the other participants to have the best experience possible in class.
*After registering, you will receive any email from eventbrite confirming your participation. Following that email, you will receive an email from us with necessary preparation work.
Please stay tuned to your email for important details and other information from the instructor pior to the course!