San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ideal for current Resolve Colorists and assistant operators. We cover advanced techniques and tricks using the latest software with the DaVinci Resolve control surface. These classes are normally capped at eight-ten people with each student getting a workstation with either the Wave, Element or ProPanel. This new class is designed around a small conformed sequence that you can take away. We will work through the project from start to finish, using Resolve V12.5 and general colorist strategies to get the job finished. You will be able to keep the media project and stills, a great way to continue your learning.
- Start with a complete look at v12.5, what tools are great for the colorist?
- A complete workflow using advanced techniques on supplied material that you can take away.
- Bring in camera original footage using the new Media Management tool
- Grade a look for editing from the 4K RAW camera files.
- Making a LUT, exporting LUTs and Looks
- Render 1920 ProRes or DNxHD for Editing, H264 for the web. DPX for VFX
Export and XML/AAF from FCP/Premiere. How to Round-trip successfully.
- Conform the ProRes in Resolve using the XML, it’s not correct what can we do?
- How to animate shapes and framing with the keframing tools
- Bring in audio .wav then compare the conform with the offline reference movie.
- Swap to the RAW camera files.
- “Conform v Bake”, what are the pros and cons of each workflow?
- Where do we start the grade?
- New Primary controls. 3 way color corrector. Offset, Curves and LOG grading
- Look creation. How to preview a look through the whole timeline using Playheads.
- Plugin FXs, is this a job for the Colorist?
- Advanced secondary grading, keying including the new 3D keyer
- Advanced tracking controls with the new 3D tracker.
- VFX shots inserted into the timeline
- Physically add grain and scratches from supplied ICA media.
- External mattes, how do they help us?
- NR we look at the different types, using the Splitter and Combiner Node
Save This Event
When & Where
Warren Eagles is a freelance colorist based in Australia. He has an extensive 25 year career with experience in all forms of color correction. Now a Resolve owner/operator he runs his own shop and splits his time between grading and running training classes with the ICA.
His credits include commercials for Qantas,Ford, Mitsubishi, Revlon, and Tooheys, mainstream UK and Australian dramas and documentaries including the first Australian DI movie “Blurred” and Guy Ritchie’s cult movie “Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels“.
Warren founded the ICA with Kevin Shaw in 2009 and has so far conducted over 50 classes worldwide. He enjoys the challenges of working on different types of projects with new clients in both the coloring and training environments.