ICA TRAINING WITH DADO VALENTIC: DAVINCI RESOLVE 201
Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 10:00 AM - Friday, January 27, 2017 at 5:30 PM (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ideal for current Resolve users, this class features all advanced and hidden features of Davinci Resolve V12 that will turn you into a power user. These classes are normally capped at eight-ten students with each person getting a workstation. We start the class by looking at colour correction in general and how to achieve the best image quality. We will teach techniques and technologies like RAW and UHD and workflow tips that colourist encounter in real life environments. We will work through the project from start to finish, using Resolve V12 and general colorist strategies to get the job finished. Students are also encouraged to bring their own material so the instructor together with the students can grade and discuss the different formats and challenges.
- Digital Cinematography Fundamentals: RGB, Gamma, Colour Spaces
- The truth about resolution, bit depth and dynamic range
- Getting different RAW camera formats into the Resolve
- A complete workflow using advanced techniques on supplied material
- XML/AAF from FCP/Premiere/Avid. How to Round-trip successfully.
- Bring in audio, sync and compare the conform with the offline reference movie.
- Swap to the RAW camera files.
- Primary grading. Working with LOG footage
- Look creation. How to develop a look and preview options with the client
- Advanced secondary grading, keying, window tracking and keyframing.
- Advanced Nodes and techniques: Parallel, Layer, Blending modes, Combiner/Splitter
- Physically add grain and scratches from supplied ICA media.
- Dynamic Speed Changes / Motion Blur
- External mattes, how do they help us?
- Finish Render out to 709 / DCP
- Working in UHD and achieving real-time playback
- How to work with clients
- How to develop looks and collaborate with DOPs and DITs
- Working with colour managed workflow
When & Where
Dado Valentic for ICA - International Colorist Academy
Dado Valentic is an award-winning colourist and colour scientist best known for his work on Total Recall,Gulliver’s Travels, Mr Nice, Sherlock Holmes by Guy Ritchie, Dough starring Jonathan Pryce, Blackwood by Adam Wimpenny, Absolutely Anything directed by Terry Jones and starring Simon Pegg, A HundredStreets, starring Idris Elba and HDR TV series Marco Polo -season II.
Dado is the founder of Mytherapy, a colour grading studio, based in Warner Bros. De Lane Lea, London UK.
Dado Valentic’s approach to communicating colour science has won him a wide audience as ICA (International Colourist Academy) and REDUCATION instructor.
He is a prominent presenter at International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam, National Broadcasting Convention in Las Vegas, British Society of Cinematographers Expo, BAFTA and Creative Week in London. He has brought his method of teaching to TV GLOBO in Brazil and South Korean National Television Foundation.
He is a regular lecturer at the Dutch Film Academy, London International Film School, Moscow International Film School, SAE Oxford, Edinburgh University of Arts and German film academy, Berlin- Up. Grade.
Leading companies in the industry hired him to be a presenter on subject of Colour and Colour Grading at the major international conferences and exhibitions such as International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam, National Broadcasting Convention in Las Vegas, British Society of Cinematographers Expo, BAFTA and Creative Week in London.