ICA TRAINING WITH DADO VALENTIC: DAVINCI RESOLVE 101
Monday, January 23, 2017 at 10:00 AM - Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 5:30 PM (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This is a new and updated class that is an excellent introduction to DaVinci Resolve V12. It is ideal for first time users and you do not need to be a Colourist to attend. Class size is normally capped at eight-ten students with a workstation for each person. The class mixes the operational side of Resolve with some practical real world training on workflows, basic color theory, grading approaches, tips and techniques. It is run at a relaxed pace, questions are encouraged and group participation is a key part of the course. You are encouraged to download Resolve Lite and have a play. This class is ideal for Junior colorists, editors, DITs, DPs and VFX artists, basically anybody with a desire to get into color correction.
- Resolve System Overview: Setting-up Resolve, Recommended Hardware and Software.
- Click Every Button: Resolve interface overview
- Preferences, Databases, Settings
- Media Page: Bins, Smart Bins, Shortcuts, Metadata
- Edit Page: Timelines, Trim Mode, Edit Shortcuts, Transitions, Generators, Audio
- Colour Page: Tools, Reference, Stills Library Overview
- Deliver Page: Formats, Conversions, Naming, Single and Individual Type Render
- Understanding waveforms, vectorscope, histogram
- Understanding Primary Colour Correction: Lift, Gama, Gain, Saturation
- Curves: Main, Soft Clip, Hue vs Saturation vs Luminance Curves
- Qualifiers: HSL, RGB, 3D Keyer
- Windows: Circular, Power and Grads
- Tracking Windows with the auto tracker
- Keyframing both color correction and framing controls
- Understanding Nodes and how they work properly
- Import Sequence using Scene Cut Detection
- Short Sequence grade: Create a look and deliver graded master.
- Render ProRes and H264
Save This Event
When & Where
Dado Valentic for ICA - International Colorist Academy
Dado Valentic is an award-winning colourist and colour scientist best known for his work on Total Recall,Gulliver’s Travels, Mr Nice, Sherlock Holmes by Guy Ritchie, Dough starring Jonathan Pryce, Blackwood by Adam Wimpenny, Absolutely Anything directed by Terry Jones and starring Simon Pegg, A HundredStreets, starring Idris Elba and HDR TV series Marco Polo -season II.
Dado is the founder of Mytherapy, a colour grading studio, based in Warner Bros. De Lane Lea, London UK.
Dado Valentic’s approach to communicating colour science has won him a wide audience as ICA (International Colourist Academy) and REDUCATION instructor.
He is a prominent presenter at International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam, National Broadcasting Convention in Las Vegas, British Society of Cinematographers Expo, BAFTA and Creative Week in London. He has brought his method of teaching to TV GLOBO in Brazil and South Korean National Television Foundation.
He is a regular lecturer at the Dutch Film Academy, London International Film School, Moscow International Film School, SAE Oxford, Edinburgh University of Arts and German film academy, Berlin- Up. Grade.
Leading companies in the industry hired him to be a presenter on subject of Colour and Colour Grading at the major international conferences and exhibitions such as International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam, National Broadcasting Convention in Las Vegas, British Society of Cinematographers Expo, BAFTA and Creative Week in London.