SmartCamp is a global pitch competition for early-stage startups hosted by IBM and LAUNCH! How does this competition work?
- Compete in our local SmartCamp here in Cairo
The IBM SmartCamp experience begins in a city near you. Six applicants will be invited to participate in a live pitch competition.
- Announcement of 10 Global Semi-Finalists
Ten semi-finalists are selected from the group of city winners by a committee of judges, put together by IBM and LAUNCH. Semi-finalists will be notified by December 31, 2016.
- SmartCamp Global Finals at LAUNCH Festival
Ten semi-finalists are invited as VIPs to San Francisco's biggest startup conference, LAUNCH Festival for two days of exhibiting in a SmartCamp pavilion, mentorship, learning from top founders, and networking. Three finalists will win a spot to pitch on stage in the SmartCamp Global Finals and an interview with Jason Calacanis on his podcast, This Week in Startups. One winner will land a spot in the LAUNCH Incubator, which includes a $25,000 USD investment on a capped convertible note from the LAUNCH Fund.
The event will be divided into 2 events, a public event and a private event.
- The private event will take place on the 7th of December, in the Greek campus. This event is for startups to show case their ideas and get feedback from the mentors.
- As for the public event, it will take place on the 10th of December, during Riseup Summit event. The startups will present their final pitches and the judges will announce the winners.
Apply to Cairo's SmartCamp by November 26th here: http://smartcamp2016.com/cairo