ImprovBoston holds auditions every 6 months for IB Resident Improv Casts which include: Mainstage, All Access, Family Show, Face Off, Harold Night Teams (Fresh Blend & Top Shelf), and our national Touring Company. Producers of Comedy Lab, Night Cap and other shows are also there to check out rising Boston comedy talent!
DETAILS FOR SUMMER AUDITIONS 2015
- Performers should have at least one year of formal improv training and/or experience.
- We register groups of up to 30 for each scheduled time slot, first come, first served.
- These auditions are 100% improv. The exact format is presented when you arrive. Be ready for 2-person scenes and longform montage work. No need to prepare anything. No need to bring headshots or resumes.
- To be cast, you must be available for the callbacks of the shows you've marked for consideration.
- Callback announcements go out by Wednesday, June 3.
- Callbacks will be held June 6 and June 7 during the day as well as June 8 in the evening. Callbacks are scheduled in a separate 2 to 2.5 hour block for each cast. If you are called back for multiple shows you should plan on attending all callback sessions in order to be considered for multiple casts. You will have an opportunity to state show preference for consideration.
- Casting decisions will be announced by Friday, June 12.
PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY TO CHECK-IN. If you are late for your scheduled time you will not be admitted into the audition. If you need to cancel your audition, please email email@example.com so we can open up your spot to another performer.
*We encourage you to audition for as many casts as you are available for and interested in. If invited to multiple callbacks, you will have an opportunity to express your cast preferences. Performers may be cast in multiple ensembles if interested.
*The ImprovBoston Touring Company seeks a variety of performer availabilities. Most performances, workshops, and events are local and do not require extended trips. Cast members submit availability for individual gigs allowing scheduling flexibility.
*Mainstage actors need not be available for all performances. Cast members average 1-2 shows per week based on their scheduling preferences.
*Each resident ensemble rehearses once a week for 2-3 hours.
*Mainstage and Touring Company performers are paid. All other resident casts are for the love of the game.
*For more information on each of these casts, check out www.improvboston.com/performers-bulletin-board
*For a detailed schedule of callbacks, please head over to www.improvboston.com/auditions.
Have questions about IB GENERAL AUDITIONS [SUMMER 2015]?
Contact IB AUDITIONS