Actions and Detail Panel
IAAP Western Great Lakes Branch Event
Sat, May 20, 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM CDT
Registration 7:45 – 8:30 a.m.
Everyone Communicates Few Connect | J Israel Greene | 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
World-renowned leadership expert John C. Maxwell says if you want to succeed, you must learn how to connect with people. And while it may seem like some folks are just born with it, the fact is, anyone can learn how to make every communication an opportunity for a powerful connection. The ability to connect with others is a major determining factor in reaching your full potential. It's no secret! Connecting is a skill you can learn and apply in your personal, professional, and family relationships. In this program you will learn the Five Principles and Five Practices to develop the crucial skill of connecting.
- Finding common ground
- Keeping your communication simple
- Capturing people's interests
- Inspiring people
- Staying authentic in all your relationships
Excel Tips, Timesavers, and Power Tools for the Admin Pro | Melissa Esquibel, MCT, MOSM | 10:15 – 12:15 p.m.
Today's administrative professional needs more than a basic skill set in Microsoft Excel. The ability to get data management tasks done more efficiently, crunch numbers with formulas, or present decision support workbooks with Pivot Tables and charts is quickly becoming status quo for job skills.
- Complete Excel data and list management tasks quickly
- Understand and apply Formulas and Functions
- Provide professional looking reports and interactive workbooks
- Become adept at knowing how to fix frequently occurring anomalies in Excel
- Get data to "talk" with Pivot Tables, Conditional Formatting, and Charts
Networking Lunch (provided to all attendees) | 12:15 – 1:15 p.m.
Time Management: Tips to Work Smarter | Jo Woelfel | 1:15 – 2:45 p.m.
In our fast-paced world, we are constantly being asked to do more with less. If you find yourself stressing out because there just aren't enough hours in the day for you to get everything done, this presentation will help you develop new ways to learn to work smarter.
- Learn how to prioritize tasks
- Look at project management to manage time
- Dispel common myths
- Learn practical, useful, and easy ways to lessen your stress when you feel the pressures of time
LinkedIn for the Administrative Professional | Wayne Breitbarth | 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Join the 80,000+ people who have learned how to achieve business and career success with LinkedIn, the world's most popular professional networking site, from Wayne Breitbarth, a nationally recognized LinkedIn speaker, consultant, and the author of The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search. Wayne will share with you the best LinkedIn strategies and features for recruiting purposes and to improve your personal brand.
- Use your experience and relationships to meet your personal branding and career goals
- Create a compelling profile that will help the right people find you
- Capitalize on the hidden LinkedIn features the best recruiters are using
- Quickly and easily search for potential candidates who have the skills and experience you need
- Effectively manage your time spent on LinkedIn
Closing Remarks and Door Prize Drawings | 4:30 – 4:45 p.m
Upon completion of the Branch Event Practical Application, this event offers the opportunity for 8.5 IAAP CAP recertification points.
Registration Deadline: May 12, 2017
If you will need overnight hotel accommodations, a room block has been arranged for Friday, May 19 at the:
Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center
6161 West Grand Avenue
Gurnee, IL 60031
To reserve your room at the IAAP rate of $109 per night, call 847-336-6300 and ask for the IAAP room block. The room block is available through April 19.
Branch Director: Ann Dahlke, CAP-OM-TA (firstname.lastname@example.org)