Actions and Detail Panel
IAAP Arizona/New Mexico Branch Event
Sat, May 20, 2017, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM MST
FRIDAY MAY 19: Optional Connections & Cocktails Event | 6:00 p.m.
*Join us for an optional C&C event at Rimrock Bar & Grille/Hilton Phoenix Airport Hotel (Individuals will pay all of their own expenses for this event). Please e-mail Marina Higdon at email@example.com to RSVP for this event.
*Rimrock Bar & Grille - 2435 South 47th St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Breakfast (Complimentary for those staying at the Hilton Phoenix Airport Hotel) | 6:00 - 7:30 a.m.
Registration | 7:30 - 8:15 a.m.
Opening Remarks | 8:15 - 8:30 a.m.
Skills to Position the Assistant as an Influential Leader & Harness the Power of Collaboration | Lucy Brazier 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Skills to Position the Assistant as an Influential Leader:
Becoming a leader at work can be a challenge, especially for an Assistant, but with today's CEOs increasingly listing leadership skills as one of the key qualities that they want from their Assistant, Lucy Brazier will examine how personal leadership is the key to establishing yourself as a leader in the workplace and which skill sets you will need to cultivate in order to position yourself as an influential leader within your business.
- Advanced leadership skills working alongside your CEO
- How to establish yourself as a leader in your workplace
- How to position yourself as an influential leader within your business
Harness the Power of Collaboration:
Executive and Administrative Assistants hold a unique position within their companies which allows them to participate in true cross-company collaboration in a way that almost no other job role does. So why do most administrative professionals continue to operate in silos when collaboration is so good for business? Could it be that this is because we are confused between collaboration and teamwork? The two are not only very different skill sets but are not in any way interchangeable.
- Learn the differences between collaboration and teamwork
- Be aware of the challenges of collaboration
- Create an in-house business community that can move mountains
Break | 10:30 - 10:45 a.m.
12 Networking Tips | Ellen Poole 10:45 - 11:45 a.m.
Ellen will be presenting her 12 best tips to Networking. In her profession working with government officials, politicians and business management, she has made a career of networking. Ellen will share her 12 best tips to networking with great stories of how these tips have helped move her career forward and how the connections she made benefitted her.
- Networking is not just about meeting people, but about branding yourself and making real connections
- How to use your life experiences in networking situations
- Applicable tips to make your next networking event more productive
- What to do if you don't like networking
Networking Lunch (provided to all attendees) | 11:45 – 12:45 p.m.
Define Your Leadership and Communication Style to keep Team Members Motivated and Engaged | Tracey Vlahos, CHHC, AADP 12:45 - 1:45 p.m.
Define Your Leadership and Communication Style to Keep Team Members Motivated and Engaged
Understand your style, how others perceive you (or misunderstand you). Learn to effectively communicate to get results that save you time and heartache. All while learning about other communication styles to lead more effectively in all areas of your business and life.
- Increasing commitment and cooperation
- Minimizing conflict
- Increasing team effectiveness
- Improving time management
- Effective team building
Break | 1:45 - 2:00 p.m.
Expanding the Use of Acrobat Reader & The Digital Binder We All Need – OneNote | Melanie Rogers 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Expanding the Use of Acrobat Reader:
Acrobat Reader is a free download that is extremely common on everyone's computer. Did you know that it can do much more than open .PDF files? It absolutely can - and at no additional cost to you! This session will help you learn about many of the *hidden* features of Acrobat Reader and help you make the most of this valuable tool. These tips and tricks will help you save time, and improve communication.
- Learn to access bonus features of Acrobat Reader
- Discover tips to make you more productive by saving time through the use of the features in Acrobat Reader
- Learn the skill of marking up documents digitally, saving paper and ink!
The Digital Binder We All Need – OneNote:
With most current Microsoft Office installations, there is an awesome bonus tool that many never open. OneNote is a fabulous tool for any busy administrative assistant! Find out how to organize events, research, and even personal items in your very own, private, digital binder that can be accessed on your computer, or followed around with you in the clouds.
- Learn how to access Microsoft OneNote
- Discover the features of OneNote that integrate with browsers and other Microsoft applications
- Learn how to manage OneNote documents to help improve efficiency and productivity
Closing Remarks | 4:15 - 4:30 p.m.
Optional Dinner | 6:00 p.m.
*Join us for an optional dinner at Top of the Rock Restaurant & Bar (Individuals will pay all of their own expenses for this event). Please e-mail Marina Higdon at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for this event.
*Top of the Rock Restaurant & Bar - 2000 W. Westcourt Way Tempe, AZ 85282
Upon completion of the Branch Event Practical Application, this event offers the opportunity for 8 IAAP CAP recertification points.
Branch Director: Marina Higdon (email@example.com)