Get up to $50K and Free Lean Startup Training to Commercialize Cutting-Edge Research or Inventions!
Join the National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps™ Information Session!
- Monday, January 23rd, 2017
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm | Funger Hall, Room 320
- Lunch will be provided
- Learn more about DC I-Corps here
About the Presenters:
Jim Chung, GW Associate Vice President for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Co-PI for the NSF DC I-Corps Node, will provide information on how faculty, graduate students, and post-docs can benefit from participation in the NSF I-Corps™. Dan Kunitz, Director for the DC I-Corps Accelerator, will discuss the DC I-Corps Program.
DC I-Corps™ is a Lean Startup boot-camp for university and federal lab inventors and students, sponsored by the National Science Foundation, and designed to foster an innovation ecosystem in the nation’s capital. It is free and open to all GW research faculty, graduate students, and post-docs.
Following opportunities are currently available:
- 7-week National Program (Funding of up to $50,000)
- 2-week Regional Introductory Course (Expense reimbursement of up to $2,000)
- Spring For-Credit Fed Tech I-Corps Course
The program aims to:
- Create a venture and/or technology licensing opportunity for program participants.
- Provide participants a chance to explore the commercial potential of an invention with instruction and mentoring from experienced entrepreneurs and venture capitalists.
- Provide participants with exposure to industry.