i-CARE* Volunteer Trainer
i-CARE* Volunteer Training Program @ AAF
The i-CARE (i-CARE= individualized canine adoption readiness and enrichment) program is a special program at Animal Adoption Foundation (AAF) for highly committed volunteers who want to make a difference in the lives of AAF's dogs. Specifically, volunteers (aka "CAREgivers) will:
- help teach AAF dogs valuable "life skills" that will improve dogs' adoptability; this will include teaching dogs a set of core "obedience" and "life" skills;
- help dogs overcome particular issues that may be keeping a dog from getting adopted;
- provide individualized enrichment & important social contact for AAF's dogs;
- partcipate in sessions that are structured and involve working other volunteers; thus, a willingness to work with others is assumed;
- may be asked to do a limited amount outside reading that supports the hands-on work we are doing;
- be in sessions facilitated by animal trainer, Eileen Udry, Ph.D. along with co-trainers, Kara M. and Sara S.
The Late Fall 2014 i-CARE sessions will be offered at the following times:
Group A: Mondays 1:30- 4:00 pm (now-1/5)
Group B: Tuesdays 4 pm - 6:00 pm (now-1/6)
Group C: Wednesdays 5 pm - 7:00 pm (now-1/7) (facilitated by Sara S)
Group D: Thursdays 1:30- 4:00 pm (now-1/8)
Group E Fridays 1:30- 4:00 pm (now-1/9)
Group F: Saturdays 1:30- 4:00 pm (now-1/10)
Grouip G: Sundays 1:30-4:00 pm (now-1/10) facilitated by Kara M)
You choose the day of the week that you are most regularly available (i.e., you don't have to be available during ALL the session times noted above; you simply choose which "group" (or groups) best suite your schedule). Volunteers should be able to attend at least 80% sessions for reasons of safety and continuity of skill development. Please do not sign-up if making this commitment is not realistic for you (as the AAF shelter dogs will be terribly disappointed :)
To be eligible for this program volunteers:
- must have completed AAF's CARE Level 3 training by the start of the session you sign up for;
- should be able to attend at least 80% or more of the sessions; and,
- must have a love of dogs and be open to the lessons they teach us!
How Do I Say "Yes!"?
This program is different than many other volunteer opportunities at AAF because it asks volunteers to sign-up in advance and for a commitment that spans several months. Ouch! But on the plus side, we know that the dogs love you for it!!
Registration is open to 5 volunteers/session or until 48 hours in advance of the program, whichever comes first. A minimum of 2 people must be signed up for a group or that offering will not be held. If a group is cancelled due to low enrollment, those who have signed up will be notified.
To sign-up for an i-CARE group(s): Use the ""Register" button at the top of this page (or go to: http://icare4dogsataaf.eventbrite.com/. Once you submit the registration form you'll receive a confirmation email letting you know your registration has been received.
Need More Info?
For questions about the i-CARE program or more information contact:
Eileen Udry: email@example.com
Animal Adoption Foundation
2480 Ross Millville Rd
Animal Adoption Foundation
The Animal Adoption Foundation is a no-kill shelter (non profit) for dogs and cats that have been abused or abandoned. AAF provides a safe and humane environment for dogs and cats that are waiting to be adopted. Our caring volunteers and generous, donors enable us to provide a safe and haven for our special friends. Please read about our volunteer programs and opportunities!
Visit our website: www.aafpets.org; or "like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AnimalAdoptionFoundation