i-CARE* Program: Making Life Click for Shelter Dogs!
The i-CARE (i-CARE= individualized canine adoption readiness and enrichment) program is a special program at Animal Adoption Foundation (AAF) for highly committed volunteers who want to make a difference in the lives of AAF's dogs. Specifically, volunteers (aka "CAREgivers) will:
- help teach AAF dogs valuable "life skills" that will improve dogs' adoptability; this will include teaching dogs a set of core "obedience" and "life" skills;
- help a individual dog overcome particular issues that may be keeping that dog from getting adopted;
- provide enrichment & important social contact for AAF's dogs;
- partcipate in sessions that are structured and involve working other volunteers; thus, a willingness to work with others is assumed;
- be in sessions facilitated by animal trainer, Eileen U., Ph.D. and/or Senior Intern, Sara S.
The 2017 i-CARE sessions will be offered at the following times:
Group A: Mondays 1:30- 4:00 pm
Group B: Tuesdays 5 pm - 7:00 pm
Group C: Wednesdays 5 pm - 7:00 pm (facilitated by Sara S)
Group D: Thursdays 1:30- 4:00 pm
Group E Fridays 1:30- 4:00 pm
Group F: Saturdays 1:30- 4:00 pm
Note: The year is divided into "quarters" (Jan-March, April-June, July-Sept, Oct.-Dec). Please be advised that when you sign-up for a quarter, you are committing to a 3-month block of time, one day/week.
You choose the day of the week that you are most regularly available (i.e., you don't have to be available during ALL the session times noted above; you simply choose which "group" -or groups- that best suite your schedule. Volunteers should be able to attend at least 80% sessions for reasons of safety and continuity of skill development. Please do not sign-up if making this commitment is not realistic for you (as the AAF shelter dogs will be terribly disappointed :)
To be eligible for this program volunteers:
- must have completed AAF's CARE Level 3 training by the start of the session you sign up for;
- should be able to attend at least 80% or more of the sessions; and,
- must have a love of dogs and be open to the lessons they teach us!
How Do I Say "Yes!"?
This program is different than many other volunteer opportunities at AAF because it asks volunteers to sign-up in advance and for a commitment that spans 8-12 weeks. On the plus side, we know that the dogs love you for it and benefit from your involvement!!
Registration is open to 6 volunteers/session or until 48 hours in advance of the program, whichever comes first. A minimum of 2 people must be signed up for a group or that offering will not be held. If a group is cancelled due to low enrollment, those who have signed up will be notified.
To sign-up for an i-CARE group(s): Use the ""Register" button at the top of this page (or go to: http://icarefordogsataaf.eventbrite.com/. Once you submit the registration form you'll receive a confirmation email letting you know your registration has been received.
Need More Info?
For questions about the i-CARE program or more information contact:
Eileen Udry: email@example.com
Save This Event
When & Where
Animal Adoption Foundation
The Animal Adoption Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, no-kill shelter for homeless dogs and cats. Our caring volunteers and generous donors help us provide a safe haven for dogs and cats that are waiting to be adopted. Thank you for your support!