San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We spent the spring listening to our community talking about Hamlet.
Come find out what we heard!
The culminating event of Delaware Shakespeare Festival’s “I Am Hamlet” Project brings together scholars, artists, students, and other members of the community for a public forum exploring Shakespeare’s most famous play.
Throughout the spring, DSF has asked: “How do you see yourself in Hamlet?” This Town Hall will reveal the many answers that came from the community, as part of an invigorating discussion.
This event will feature:
- The premiere of "I Am Hamlet" videos featuring students, local Delebrities and more
- Reading of winning student essays
- Performance of a “social media poem” with text pulled from “I Am Hamlet” tweets and Facebook posts
- “Hamlet: A Sense of Unease”: A presentation by Professor Kate Cottle (Wilmington University) on social and cultural similarities between Shakespeare’s day and today
- Director David Stradley and actor Griffin Stanton-Ameisen sharing their experiences of “I Am Hamlet” workshops in high schools and retirement homes
- A chance to share your reflections on how Hamlet resonates with you.
When & Where
Delaware Shakespeare Festival
Delaware Shakespeare Festival creates professional theatre and educational programs for residents and friends of the State of Delaware. Now in its twelfth season, DSF is proud to be in residence at historic Rockwood Park in Wilmington, Delaware.
This summer, DSF presents "Hamlet" from July 11-27.