"I Am An Artist" Professional Development Workshop / Seattle
Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM - Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM (PST)
Friday Harbor, WA
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT! PLEASE ADD YOURSELF TO THE WAITLIST TO BE NOTIFIED IF SPOTS BECOME AVAILABLE.
I AM AN ARTIST
Professional Development Workshop
Saturday & Sunday, February 2 & 3, 2013; 10am-5pm both days
Say “I Am An Artist!” and jumpstart or refresh your arts career! This two-day interactive workshop for artists of all disciplines includes:
- Work Samples That Look Great
- Writing a Killer Artist Statement, Resume & Cover Letter
- Finding & Pursing Funding, Showing, & Performing Opportunities
- Online Promoting & Marketing
- Learn from Successful Artists: Q&A
- Feedback from Your Peers
- Rock Your Elevator Speech
Guest Presenter: Alysha Findley, “Designing Marketing Materials for the Creative Professional”
Artist Panelists: Rick Araluce, visual art; BC Campbell, music; Donna Miscolta, literary arts; Amy O’Neal, dance; Danielle Villegas, video/media arts
Facilitator: Libby L. Gerber, Artist Trust Program Manager
Includes all activities, handouts, 12 hours of class time & guest speakers. Lunch is not included. No refunds after registration.
Early Registration (by 1/19/13): Artist Trust Members: $75; Non-Artist Trust Members: $90
Regular Registration (after 1/19/13): Artist Trust Members: $85; Non-Artist Trust Members: $100
Latino/a artists can receive a $50 scholarship from Artist Trust’s “Latino/a Scholarship Fund for Professional Development” upon completing the workshop. Additionally, we offer limited $50 need-based scholarships. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information about either scholarship.
- A 45-minute consultation with a staff member to discuss your arts career and offer helpful advice. $75-$100 value!
- An Artist Trust Membership Card to show for discounts at arts-related businesses.
- Discounts at Artist Trust's professional development trainings, including the
- Subscription to , a quarterly e-newsletter exclusively for Artist Trust members including tips, updates, news and events from members across the state.
- Invitations to members-only events.
- Hard copy of .
- Grant application notifications e-mailed directly to you!
When & Where
Artist Trust is a not-for-profit organization whose sole mission is to support and encourage individual artists working in all disciplines in order to enrich community life throughout Washington State. Find out more at www.artisttrust.org.