Hosted by Carla Minosh FNP-BC
Hypnotherapy utilizes self-relaxation and guided imagery to allow children to enter a state of altered consciousness where they are more susceptible to suggestions. This state can be achieved by children when they have been taught the techniques needed to learn how to perform self-hypnosis in order to help them master many problems. Children can use this technique to help reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of pain, reduce discomfort during medical procedures, and put a stop to bad habits.
With a trained therapist, children are taught how to achieve their goals through these techniques, and many of the techniques can be translated and used for other problems in that child’s life. Once the skill is acquired, the child can use it to help them with other issues that are causing them discomfort.
Hypnotherapy has been successfully used in a variety of problems, including:
- Habit disorders, including Habit cough
- Nocturnal Enuresis (bedwetting)
- Sleep problems, such as difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Pain, including headaches, chronic stomach aches, and pain from chronic illness or injuries
- Fears/phobias, including just about anything from needle phobias to fear of vomiting
- Weight loss
- Smoking Cessation
Wonderful benefits to Hypnotherapy:
- Almost always no drug therapy needed
- No unwanted side effects
- Cost effective, billed to your insurance company
- >60% symptom improvement
- No other local pediatric practice offers this service.
We hope you join us! A motivated child can successfully learn to harness the power of their imagination as fuel to propel them into wellness and control over their bodies.