San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Hyde Park Angels recommends ParkWhiz for parking needs around the Merchandise Mart.
Hyde Park Angels is bringing together successful, influential entrepreneurs and investors to teach you everything you need to know about early-stage investment. Attend all four programs and walk away with a thorough understanding of the early-stage investment cycle from start to finish or pick and choose program to supplement existing knowledge. In either case, you will have the chance to learn the pros and cons of raising a round, the mechanics of doing a deal, how to grow your business through corporate partnerships, and how to manage relationships with different advisors and investors. Download the Entrepreneurial Education Series brochure here.
Attract World-Class Advisors, Board Members, and Investors
November 17, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Description: Knowing how to effectively target the right advisors, board members, and investors can make or break your business. Hear from entrepreneurs and investors with valuable experience building these complex relationships to learn:
- How to target the right advisors, board members, and investors
- How to build relationships with key leaders and experts
- How to ask for advice and give permission to advise
- How to leverage the different resources and skills your advisors, board members, and investors offer
- Jim Gray, CEO, G-Bar Limited Partnership; Co-Founder, OptionsXpress (sold to Charles Schwab) (M)
- Amanda Lannert, CEO, Jellyvision
- Badal Shah, Co-Founder & CEO, TurboAppeal (C)
- Michael Small, CEO, GOGO (M)
- Kevin Willer, Partner, Chicago Ventures
Here are the dates for the entire series.
When to Raise Capital or Bootstrap (Program 1): March 3, 2016 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
How to Raise Venture Capital (Program 2): June 8, 2016 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Fund Your Startup through Corporate Sales, Partners, and Investment (Program 3): September 21, 2016 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Attract World-Class Advisors, Board Members, and Investors (Program 4): November 17, 2016 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm