Actions and Detail Panel
Human Resource Essentials - HR Compliance Certification Program
Thu, Aug 3, 2017, 8:30 AM – Fri, Aug 4, 2017, 4:30 PM EDT
If you are looking for answer of these questions, you would certainly benefit by attending this seminar:
- Do you know what you are expected to do to maintain compliance with all the employment laws such as FMLA, ADA, PDA, USERRA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FLSA, EPA, ADEA, IRCA, NLRA, DFWA, GINA?
- How to deal with cases of sexual harassment, discrimination, FMLA requests, ADA and Religious accommodation requests?
- Are you familiar with the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act?
- With the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, do you know who Peggy Young is?
- Do you know for how long do you retain I-9 forms for inactive employees?
- For how long you retain personnel records after employees leave the company?
- What steps to take during an employee’s termination process to avoid a wrongful discharge lawsuit?
- How to properly handle suicidal comments in the workplace?
- How do you address hygiene issues with employees?
- How to manage an inclusive workplace with employees with physical and cognitive disabilities?
- What about how to maintain an engaged team, how to reduce turnover to retain talent, how to conduct thorough investigations?
I think I am not even half way with the list that HR Professionals are expected to do. Don’t you worry. You have found the right Certificate Program that will provide with all the tools necessary to be the best HR Professional one can be!
- Learn what HR's role is today
- Learn the "Alphabet Soup" of Compliance (Employment Laws)
- Understand the FMLA Process from A-Z
- Learn about The Americans with Disability Act compliance, the interactive process and reasonable accommodation
- Learn how to manage an inclusive workplace with individuals with different physical and cognitive disabilities
- Learn the legal way to confront an employee you suspect is abusing drugs, alcohol or other substances.
- Learn about Religious reasonable accommodations
- Learn about compliance with the recruiting process
- Understand compliance obligations under IRCA
- Understand the differences between exempt vs. non-exempt classifications.
- Learn about Break Time for Nursing Mothers.
- Learn how to avoid being personally liable for unlawful work practice
- Learn how to avoid age discrimination charges or claims when managing older workers.
- Understand what exactly wage discrimination means
- Learn about the Lilly Ledbetter Law
- Learn about Pregnancy Discrimination, Hiring, Reasonable Accommodation and working conditions
- Understand compliance obligations under the NLRA
- Learn about Social Media Employment Policies and the NLRA's opinion
- Learn about Employer's obligations with Employee Relations complaints/investigations
- Planning your career's next steps in HR
- The HR Profession today
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1991
- Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- Peggy Young vs UPS
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Consolidated Omnibus Benefits Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA)
- Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA)
- Drug-Free Workplace Act (DFWA)
- Recruiting, Interviewing and Hiring
- Employee Relations/ Handling Special Issues and Situations
- Employee Turnover
- Employee Engagement
- Records Retention
- Your Next Steps in HR
Who will Benefit:
- HR Manager
- HR Generalist
- HR Specialist
- HR Assistants
- Employee Relations Persons
- Small Business Owners
Note: Use coupon code < NB5SQH8N > and get 10% off on registration.