HUB & David Brower Center Community Lunch
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (MST)
Berkeley’s social and environmental change leaders get together
The HUB and the David Brower Center are centers for impactful organizations, engaged people, and world-changing work. Every month, our community gathers over food to share stories, find inspiration, and build friendships. Join us!
Talking Dams with International Rivers
This month’s featured organization is International Rivers. They believe that healthy rivers are vital to a healthy planet, and were just recognized with a 2013 MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions for their work with communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America to protect their rivers and human rights from destructive development projects. Come hear Berklee Lowrey-Evans speak about why big dams are not actually a ”green” source of energy, why you should care about the new dam-building boom, and what you can do to stop it
Featured Food: TBA ($5 donation requested)
When & Where
Impact Hub Bay Area
Impact Hub Bay Area is part of a global community taking collaborative action for a better world. The Impact Hub is an inspiring space, meaningful content and a vibrant global community of people.
We share the following values:
· Placemaking: We value the place around us.
· Collaborative Effort: Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration.
· Ethic of Respect: Impact Hub is a respectful place. It is safe for diversity, ideas, inspiration, and creativity.
· Building a Better World: Our community honors hopes, dreams, and values.
· Radical Inclusion: All are invited to join and build on the conversation.
Join the Impact Hub Community today and receive discounts on events, classes and professional development opportunities.
Phone Berkeley: 510-649-7700
Phone San Francisco: 415-624-5881