You have been hearing all about HTML5, now come find out what all the fuss is about. The course will be a mix of lecture, samples and hands-on labs to get you up and running. You will leave the class with new knowledge AND a ready-reference card!
This course is taught by NYC Resistor member Alexis Goldstein, a co-author of the upcoming book "HTML5 and CSS3 in the Real World."
In this three-hour class we will:
• DIscuss HTML5 and CSS3 at a high level, examining what it is, where we are now, and who is leading the way.
• Cover CSS3 effects, including rounded corners, inset and drop shadows, and gradients.
• Learn how to add audio and video to your sites using HTML5 with no plugins required!
• Review HTML5 Offline Storage, what it is and how to use it.
• How to test for individual HTML5 feature support in your visitor’s browsers.
• Examine sites currently live using HTML5 and CSS3, and discover resources and materials for learning more.
Please bring a laptop with your favorite HTML editor!
All NYC Resistor classes are for people 18-years and up. Sorry, minors.
When & Where
NYC Resistor is a hacker collective with a shared space located in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. We meet regularly to share knowledge, hack on projects together, and build community. Our interests range from laser-cutting to knitting, and programming to pop-up books.
All NYC Resistor events are strictly 18+, and attendees are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct, which can be found at https://www.nycresistor.com/participate/.